Sunday, August 5, 2012

Mom Challenge....Day 3

See? Blogging every day is the big challenge! We went camping this weekend, hence this and Day 4 are late.

Day 3: Hug your child three times today

This one was easy. We're huggers around here. Actually the morning started out with lots of snuggling and hugging my sweet Alexis who climbed in bed with me bright and early. I love that she's a cuddler. Honestly, hugging that tiny body of hers is one of the things I cherish the most. I savor every single second of her tiny hands while they are still little enough to fit in mine because I know just how quickly these days of having a little one in my arms are fading. 

  The hugs for the other kids also quickly added up as the day went on. Since it was on my mind though I think I made a bigger effort to make hugs a part of everything we encountered in the day. There was this time Nick and Skylar were arguing over something dumb and both looking to me to take a side. I just looked at both of them and gave them a hug and then made each other hug it out. They ended up just laughing and whatever they were arguing about just went away. Hugs are so healing and helpful!!



No comments: