Thursday, August 2, 2012

Mom Challenge....Day 2

Day 2: Go the whole day without yelling at your children

Oh man, what a challenge! Sadly enough, I'm kind of a yeller and I hate that. It's not always in anger, but I tend to yell through the house about getting jobs done, rounding everyone up, and such. It's something I've been trying to get better about but this challenge made me really think about it today....and I did good. I only raised my voice one time because I had asked one of my children to come do their job about 3 times with no response while the TV was on, so in my defense, I wasn't sure if said child had actually heard me, but still, since I was trying so hard, it bothered me when I did it....especially when said child also accused me of yelling. Yep, guilty! I noticed that day went a lot smoother just by not yelling. My kids were actually more responsive to me when I talked to them, face to face, which I think is because they just tune the yelling out. Our house tends to be pretty noisy, you know, because as cute and innocent as my children may appear, they are also really loud! Maybe that's from the yelling, eh? Anyway, I think this challenge is now going to be an every day thing!! I love this motto...now it's time to use it!


1 comment:

Laurie said...

I love your mom challenges! You are a great mom!