Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Mom Challenge.....Day 15

Ugh. So tired of blogging everyday!!

Day 15: Be firm when needed, not harsh.

Well, I did pretty good with this all day long....and believe me, it was a LONG day. However, right at the very end of the day when my head was pounding and I was just waiting for the moment that the kiddos' little mouths were nice and quiet for the night, I told them they could eat a little of Gabriel's birthday cake....not my best idea of the day. Alexis wanted to see the cake  and with her being exhausted beyond reason, she wasn't about to wait for help from me, so down came the cake. I luckily caught it with my busted hand just seconds before it smashed to the floor, even though it didn't stop the crumbs and frosting from getting all over the floor and then the rest of the kids running to step in them so that they could see. Ugh! Needless to say, I was a little harsh in that moment....and the time for bed became immediate....so as much as I tried, I didn't meet this challenge today. Oops!! I love my kids, but sometimes bedtime is the sweetest moment of the day!

No comments: