Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Mom Challenge.....Day 16

Late, once again. This is a combo of being out of town, being exhausted, being sick, the internet being wacky, and just having no desire to blog at all. However, I'm still working on my daily mommy challenges! Now, back to blogging about them. 


Day 16: Picture what you want your child to be like in 25 years. Mother with that in mind today.

In 25 years Skylar will be my age now....36. Crazy!!

In 25 years Nickolas will be 33.

In 25 years McKade will be 31.

In 25 years Alexis will be 28.


So I started this day out asking my kids what they thought they would be doing in 25 years:

Skylar wants to be a dancer.

Nick wants to be a zookeeper.

McKade wants to marry Abigail. Have I mentioned this boy is in love?

Alexis wants to be a mommy.

Skylar & Nick both added in that they want to be moms and dads too but are kind of in that stage of not wanting to even go there because boys/girls are icky still. I guess they'll have to figure that all out by then. I was glad they wanted to be parents though. I know what a gift it is to be their mom and I hope with all of my heart that they can have that joy too.

I started thinking about where they'll be in 25 years with all of the goals they have. If there's one thing I know about my kids is that they are all passionate about the things they love. I hope that they maintain the drive that they have now to achieve their goals. I also hope that I can be the kind of mom that supports their dreams. I honestly believe that they will go far and I can't wait to see them do great things (even if I want them to stay little!).

"When I approach a child, he inspires in me two sentiments: tenderness for what he is, and respect for what he may become." ~ Louis Pasteur

However, I also know from my own experience that things don't go as planned. Ben and I both have had to make compromises in our lives due to our circumstances and we're not exactly where we want to be. Overall, we're content with our life, but of course we have regrets and dreams we've never had the opportunity to achieve. I hope my kid don't ever have to have regrets. I know life will hit them. I know that our kids will face hurt and disappointments. I couldn't help but think which one of my kids will have to face the loss of a child, the loss of a spouse through death or divorce, or which one might go astray and face the loss of their faith. Those are all things I would never wish on them as their mother, but I know, realistically, that they are going to face something hard in their lives. I hope that I will be the kind of mom that will prepare them for those days by teaching them to be strong and instilling faith in them that will help them to get through those hard things. I love my kids and never want to see them hurt but since I know that's impossible I just want to be the kind of mom that will be there to wipe away their tears, hold their hand, and let them know that they will always, no matter what, be loved by their momma.






No comments: