Thursday, January 29, 2009
The next week we went out to eat at Tucano's with the Hanamaikais to celebrate Quinn's birthday. It was a surprise birthday thing so that's always fun! The Tongs also came and we had a great time! Most of Quinn's family was there and it was kind of weird for me to think that the first time I met Quinn's family was at his birthday like 14 years ago, long before I even met Ben. Crazy! Anyway, there were like 4 birthdays at the table so it was fun doing the traditional Brazilian Happy Birthday song. It was also nice to be out without our kids (except Miss Lex) at a restaurant with our friends for a change! We had a great night with lots of laughs! We loved it so much we did the same thing for Spencer's birthday the next week along with the Hoens-followed by some more Rock Band!! I only took pictures at Quinn's so you'll just have to imagine how much fun we had with the Rock Band.
Anyway, Happy Birthday all you January babes!!
P.S. Happy Birthday to my Mom too!! We celebrated the day we went to the temple with an adult's only lunch out!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
We were very lucky to have the chance to go to the new Draper Temple Open House on Monday. It was even greater that most of my family could join us. My dad was so proud to tell everyone (and I mean everyone!) that our group consisted of 20 people. I'm glad he sees us as such a blessing he feels the need to brag. I feel the same.
The temple was absolutely beautiful. I love how this temple has the creation rooms with beautiful murals on the wall that depict what a wonderful world we live in. It was so wonderful to get to look into the mirrors in the Sealing room and see my own family reflected forever and ever. McKade really loved all of the mirrors. The celestial room was amazing! The enormous chandelier was like a giant sparkling rainbow, which quickly made it Skylar's favorite room. When we asked Nick what his favorite room was, he quickly replied, " The cookie room." They were serving cookies at the church next to the temple. I guess when you're 4 1/2 years old that is pretty cool.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
I stole this from Beka's and Stacy's blogs who also stole it. Feel free to keep up the larceny.
1. What did you do in 2008? Had fun with our family, went on an awesome cruise with our friends, and became Mommy to Baby #4.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I did okay. We achieved all of our family goals and I achieved 1 of my personal goals. That's not too shabby. Hopefully this year will be better.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Me. That's pretty darn close. Also some friends, some cousins, and there was a small baby boom in my ward.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Our cat, Q-tip died. He was such an awesome cat. I truly miss him.
5. What countries did you visit? Mexico
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? No worries. But that's already gone down the tube.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? September 20-when Alexis debuted.
8. What was your biggest personal achievement of the year? Surviving a c-section. They seriously suck.
9. What was your biggest failure? I still haven't finished Nick's baby book and haven't even begun on McKade's. I'm pretty sure Alexis will never get one at this rate.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Morning sickness with my girls is way more intense than with my boys. Yuck! Then the c-section. Good thing that baby is such a sweetheart and totally worth it all.
11. What was the best thing you bought? I have to admit it, I love my mini-van.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Kade has been so much fun this year. Still full of mischief, but I've either gotten used to it or just have learned to enjoy it.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Nick has not been his happy self all year. I have come to the conclusion that he doesn't sleep. Ever.
14. Where did most of your money go? Oh, it's been a pricey year for us. New couches, new bedroom set, the cruise, new car, new TV, medical bills. Shnikeys!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? The cruise was sooo, sooo, sooo fun!!
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Human by the Killers. I think I have sung this on a daily basis since I first heard it. It's because Skylar is totally dancer, all of the time.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? Not really happier or sadder, thinner-it was pre-baby time, and richer because we hadn't begun our spending spree.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Wasting time. I didn't get a lot done this year.
20. Did you fall in love in 2008? Yes, with Baby Alexis.
21. What was your favorite TV program? The Office, Scrubs, CSI, Jon & Kate Plus 8 with my kids. Oh and Ben & I have totally become fans of Arrested Development. If only we had watched it when it was actually on TV-it is hilarious!
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don't think I hate anybody more than last year. There is a lame lady who calls to schedule the building all of the time and is such a jerk. I strongly dislike her, which is sad because I don't even know her.
23. What was the best book you read? I guess it was Twilight that I read again but it wasn't as good as the first time. I feel very uninspired from the books I read last year. Any suggestions to make this year better?
24. What was your greatest musical discovery? I didn't discover anyone new that I recall but I got to see Ben Folds in concert which was absolutely amazing. That man has the skills.
26. What did you want and not get? I wanted some Sanuks. I guess I got them but they are the wrong size and the right size is back ordered and I am very disappointed about that.
27. What was your favorite film of this year? The Dark Knight, I suppose. I wasn't too impressed with the flicks.
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I can't even remember. How dumb is that? I'm sure we went out to eat or something. It was right after the cruise so I think it was pretty uneventful. The cruise was my present. Oh, yeah, and Ben got me a scale-exactly what I wanted when I was preggo!! I have to admit, I'm not easy to shop for. Oh, and I'm 32-getting old.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? More time having fun with family and friends and less being so busy with things that don't really matter.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? I was pregnant for most of it and then recovering from the giant incision in my belly the rest of it. Let's just say I'm sick of maternity clothes. Soooo sick of maternity clothes.
31. What kept you sane? My husband always being there and the cutest darn kids out there.
33. Best moment of 2008? Holding my sweet baby for the first time, even though we were both wasted and pumped full of drugs. I actually didn't get to hold her for a few hours after she was born because she had low blood sugar and was being monitored in the nursery. That was tough.
Friday, January 9, 2009
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Here's a picture of little Nicky after coming home from the hospital. He was wasted. Our cat, Callie, was unusually cuddly, like she knew he wasn't feeling too great. I had to snap a pic while that lasted.