Sunday, August 5, 2012

Mom Challenge....Day 4

Day 4: Kiss your child while they are asleep.

Well, this one started wee in the hours of the night since we were camping.  Ben and I always stay out by the campfire after our kids settle down so when I climbed back in I was able to smooch them all while they were sleeping. This is something that I do almost nightly for the boys but not my girls. The girls sleep with the door closed and opening it wakes them up so I don't usually sneak in and kiss my lightly sleeping princesses. The boys are usually dead to the world when they are sleeping (hence I could pain their nails for St. Patty's Day tricks) so they usually get all the smooches I can muster before I go to bed each night. It was nice to have my girls there so easily accessible!

However, since it was the night before Day 4 I kind of didn't think it counted so I decided I need to do it again once we were home and they were actually snuggled in their beds. Sneaking in on the boys was easy, as usual, except for the fact that Nick was sleeping crazy, like usual, and I had to climb the bunkbed ladder just so I could kiss his leg because it was all I could reach. When I went into the girls' room Skylar sat up. I don't think she was awake because she just laid back down and I was able to smooch her. Little Lex was spread eagle on her bed and wasn't phased at all. Maybe I should start sneaking in there more often! There is nothing like seeing your sweet kids so peaceful in sleep. I love late night smooches on my beautiful sleeping kids!!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I love this one! I need to to remember to smooch my kids more at night.