Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Mom Challenge....Day 28/GratiTuesday

 Day 28: Teach your child a new word.

I decided my kids needed to learn an awesome new word. Annyong. If you don't know what it means, you should find out. My kids now know and can share in the awesomeness of this word. Can you tell I've been watching a lot of Arrested Development lately? Actually, the entire series in one week! I laughed so much that it hurt!!

    At the end of the day, I went the extra mile and taught them another new word. Fleeting. As we were driving home tonight we saw an absolutely beautiful sunset. I told my kids to hurry and look since I knew it was fleeting. They were like "huh?!" I explained it and told them to keep looking because it was going fast. Sure enough, by the time we got home not 3 minutes later, it was gone. It reminded me of this quote that I love by Richard Paul Evans. I savor every sunset because I know it's fleeting, just like the time with my little ones here with me,  as well as knowing that it means I survived one more day and I'm one more day closer to being with those babies of mine again.

P.S. I'm super thankful for both Arrested Development and sunsets!!!! 

No comments: