Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Mom Challenge....Day 6

Aw, man. We got home late tonight....but I'm squeezing it in!!

Day 6: Bake, make, or buy them their favorite food.

Well, I'm not much of a baker but the other day I did bake my kiddos some chocolate banana bread, which is my specialty and all of my kids' favorite, so they started off the day with that since we still had a few pieces left. Then they were told that that was the end of the goodies for the day since we had planned to check off Skylar's summer bucket list item #1 by having ice cream for dinner!! Yep, just ice cream. I mean, can it get any better than that? So for dinner we headed up to Culver's to get them shakes. I ate something different since ice cream and I don't get along and we were all happy. They were very, very happy!! I know it's the worst thing ever to feed your kids for dinner, but it's become a tradition to let the kids have ice cream for dinner once a year and I figure that if I feed them healthy food the other 364 days of the year they'll be okay....plus just look at their smiles....soooo worth it!!!  I'm pretty sure it's their favorite meal of the year!!

No comments: