Monday, August 27, 2012

Mom Challenge....Day 25, 26, & 27

The last few days have been my sickest, so I kinda combined these since I wasn't up to much. 


Day 25: Ask your child's opinion sometime today.

Skylar suggested I read a book she's been reading, Matched. It wasn't Harry Potter (which, honestly, I've never been able to get past book 1), so since, in her opinion, it was "awesome", I decided to give it a go. I've read half of it in two days. It's not too shabby!! 

Today, I was feeling a bit better, so I asked Alexis what she wanted to make for our FHE treat. She wanted brownies and brownies with frosting on them! This girl always has an opinion. We ended up making Frosted Zucchini Brownies. Yum!! God job Lex!

Day 26: Make it a point to encourage your child today.

McKade had his first soccer game of the season on Saturday. Ben's his coach this year. Since I can't go to any of his Wednesday games because of Young Women, I totally planned on being at all of his Saturday games to cheer him on. I didn't make it. Bummer. I tried my best to cheer him from home before the game and after but it still wasn't the same. I hate being sick!! 


Nick hates homework! Do you blame him? He was super bummed to be the first kid that had homework in the house, so while everyone else has been homeworkless, he has had stuff to do since the second day of school. He's been pretty good about it, considering his major dislike of it. Today, he was just was not interested at all. It took some major encouragement to get him through it. We did it!! 


Day 27: Do one thing that is good for your health. Walk 10 minutes, eat a piece of fruit, or get a good night's sleep.

This wouldn't be such a challenge if I hadn't been sick for the last week. Honestly, I'm sick of being sick!! Since I wasn't getting better, I decided I should try changing my diet drastically and see if I could get rid of my diverticulitis flare so I went to strictly liquids. I think it helped, but for the last few days I've been so weak since I wasn't eating any food. I read this was good for my health, but it sure doesn't seem like it since I've been in pain and weak. As for the tips, I did get up and walk around a bit today so I could get kids to piano and dance. It was good to see the world again!! I'm actually not supposed to eat fruit, which I miss, since I eat a ton of it usually.  And sleep? Does getting a good days' sleep count? I slept half the day thanks to a friend who took Alexis this morning. Hopefully I'm on the mend so I can do all of these things again like normal!!

No comments: