Tuesday, August 7, 2012

GratiTuesday

The last little while sweet friends have posted this picture of this beautiful statue on my Facebook wall. It's not a new statue...it's a year or so old, so I've seen it before but I've always loved it. It was commissioned by a group of mothers who have had stillborn babies. I absolutely love it because I know, without a doubt, that my babies are there for me at times like this. I've felt them. I don't share those special and sacred moments, but there's been so many that I can't deny them either. This statue brings me such peace. I only wish I had a copy of it.

    I guess it's been cycling around...and when my thoughtful friends have seen it, they've thought of me....even if no one has the words to say to me. I'm just thankful that someone is thinking of me. Thank you to my sweet thoughtful friends that remember that although I might be able to fake a smile, because that's what is expected of me, I feel like this on the inside. Thank you for remembering that my babies are real, that they exist still, that they count, that they're here, regardless of the fact that they're not, regardless of the fact that you never saw them. To acknowledge them shows true friendship. You'll never understand how just remembering me for a moment touches my heart when it feels so broken. I am so very thankful for this.

No comments: