Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Mom Challenge....Day 18

Day 18: Laugh with your child today.

    Well, this is an easy one. We like to laugh around here. Even when there doesn't seem like anything in the world to smile about, there's always something to laugh about.

   On this day we were up in Island Park hanging out by the river. We started the day out fishing, which my kids love, even when we never catch anything. I think it was pretty amusing for my kids to watch me attempt to fish since I am horrible at it. The bad part is that I come from a family of very avid and very skilled fishermen and yet I suck!! We all got a lot of laughs out of how bad I was. Maybe not Ben as much because he had to untangle all the messes I made. Sorry babe!

   Later on we went on a float trip down the river. The kids were having a blast jumping out into the river and playing around in it, but when Nicky, our little fish, actually fell in on accident, he wasn't too pleased. He was less than thrilled about being submerged in a deep spot, coming up freezing, and losing the oar. Ben had to rescue the oar and that was funny to watch. I told Nick that him falling in would be something we would all remember and that he'd be laughing about it in no time. After warming up a bit, he was. 
We had a really fun day with lots to laugh about....not just laughing at each other. I love laughing with my family.

No comments: