Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Mom Challenge....Day 17

Day 17.....Who is a mom you admire? What quality of hers can you live out today?

I had to think about this one, because I have so many moms that I admire and all for different reasons. This day we were actually away on a trip to Yellowstone. It was actually a crazy day and I had woken up at 4 am so that we could get up there. So, needless to say, I was EXHAUSTED the entire day, but I was insistent that we still have fun. Sometimes I'm a little too insistent though and I go too far (Ben is thinking right now....sometimes?!?). Okay, often I go too far....like insisting on a thousand pictures or that we do one more activity kind of things. I have a friend that is incredibly chill in her parenting skills and knowing that I was pooped beyond reason and that my family was also, I decided I'd take her chill attitude that day.

  I wasn't great at it. I still forced my kids to take too many pictures, but hey, we were in Yellowstone!! However, I decided I didn't need to push them with everything. When they didn't want to go on every nature hike, I didn't push it. When they started complaining about having to walk on the ones we did, I encouraged them, but I was easy going about it. When my kids begged for ice cream all day, I gave them an incentive to earn it...but I was relaxed about it and tried to make it fun. I have to admit that the ice cream was one of the greatest parts of the trip because it was rewarded because of their good attitudes. Plus, who know Buffalo Chip ice cream was so dang yummy?! I never thought I'd say that about something called buffalo chip....ewww!
 

No comments: