Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 9: The Meaning Behind Your Blog Name

My blog name? Okay does that mean my blog address or the name at the top of my blog? I guess there's two different names, so two meanings there.

2djs1mc

Well, that comes from the Beastie Boys song, Three MCs and One DJ...just swapped around to include my own first three kiddos who just happen to be...2djs and 1 mc. The 2 djs? Skylar D. J. & Nick D. J. The mc? Mr. McKade....and there you have it.

Our Fantastic Four...plus one more

Before Gabriel, our blog name was Our Fantastic Four, which I named it after Alexis came along and messed up the whole Beastie Boys song thing. Silly girl. Of course the Fantastic Four comes from the comic books, of which I'm not a fan, but my hubby is. When I announced on my blog that I was pregnant with Gabe, the name of the post was Our Fantastic Four...plus one more. That actually comes from another song by the Numbs (the guys that introduced Ben & me). The Numbs made a song called Melted Vinyl and there's a whole section of the song that is all about superheroes. To be completely accurate, a couple of the original Numbs left the group in a major blowout...it actually happened in the middle of a show and was quite the spectacle to witness. Anyway, one of the guys that broke off went on to do his own thing and became Furthermore. He actually did an entire solo remake of Melted Vinyl and the song is completely about superheroes. It's actually a pretty dope song and one our family listens to often as it is the top requested song from the kids. Our kids know almost all of the words and totally bust a move if it comes on. Anyway, there's a line in the song that says, "We were the Fantastic 4, plus one more."

After Gabe died, I moved that to the title of our blog because we will always have that one more. He won't always be recognized or remembered by most people, but will always be a part of our family and he'll always be included.

1 comment:

lindseyfrancom said...

I always wondered about the address name!!! The whole meaning behind both though is great. It was fun to read!