Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day 11 (a day late again): Some of your favorite songs

Well, I'm a huge fan of music so it's hard to say what my favorites are but the songs that I ultimately love the most are the ones that have meaning to me. These are they:

Thank You by Led Zeppelin-mine & Ben's songLink
True Companion by Marc Cohn-Ben played this song for me when he asked me to marry him :)

The Luckiest by Ben Folds-another of our songs (my favorite song ever to hear live, especially in my honey's arms...mushy, mushy)

Baby Mine from Dumbo- Skylar's song

Cailin by Unwritten Law-another of Skylar's songs. She's lucky and has 2. Skylar knew all the words to Cailin before she was 2.

You'll Be in My Heart by Phil Collins -Nick's songLink
Lullaby by Matt Costa & Jack Johnson-McKade's song

Angel by Jack Johnson-Alexis's song

Kite by U2-Gabriel's song...there's actually a lot of songs that remind me of Gabe, but that's the next post.


Of my top 10 favorite bands, these are my favorite songs by them:

1. Rest of my Life by Unwritten Law

2. Do You Remember & Hope by Jack Johnson

3. Tangerine by Led Zeppelin

4. The Sweetest Thing & One & Running to Stand Still by U2 (oh, they have so many)

5. Brass Monkey by Beastie Boys

6. Gracie & Still Fighting It by Ben Folds

7. Just Like Heaven & Catch by the Cure

8. Ripple by the Grateful Dead

9. Ask by the Smiths

10. Black by Pearl Jam


And these songs, I just really, really, really love:

Somewhere Over the Rainbow by IZ

Life is Sweet
by Natalie Merchant

Today by the Smashing Pumpkins

I Think We're Alone Now by Tommy James and the Shondells (not the Tiffany version!!)

Fascination by the Human League

Pale Blue Eyes by the Velvet Underground

Uncertain Smile by The The

Oh, and I could go on and on. I won't, but I could. I really, really, really, really love music!!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Gracie by Ben Folds is my Gracie's song - love it. Love The Cure, too - Just Like Heaven would be one of my picks by them, but the other would be Pictures of You. I'll have to check out some of the others that I haven't heard since you have such good taste. :)