Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 17: A talent of yours

I'm not all that talented. I can't sing. I can't dance. I can't draw. I can't cook. I'm not crafty. Etc. Etc. Etc. I always have a hard time when I'm asked this question. I know the Sunday school answer is that everyone has a talent, and I'm not denying that I probably do, but maybe I just haven't discovered it yet, because I really have no clue what it is. Some people have told me I have a talent for organization, but come on, we all know that's just because I'm an OCD nutcase when it comes to it. It's not a talent, it's a need! I guess I'm really, really, really good at making some amazing little people....of course I can't take credit for all of that....but my children are awesome! They are just really good kids with good hearts and I'm sure I had a little bit to do with that. I'm thinking that's a talent because I've unfortunately had the opportunity to see some moms that are just awful and my heart hurts for their children. I'm not great, but I'm not awful, and my wonderful kids prove that somehow. Lately, I feel that they are teaching me way more than I teach them, but I guess one of the best things is that we are all learning together.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

your talent is good at "making" your children??? ha ha just kidding!

no really I think your talent is being a great friend and having an amazing memory. I love all your posts, I am sure it is hard to blog every day but you are doing a great job. I havent blogged in over a month. I better got on that.

lindseyfrancom said...

Your kids are the cutest! On top of the above comment you are a wonderful writer, I have enjoyed reading your blog and your YW lessons are also great!