Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 24: Something that fascinates you and why-super late but aren't we sick of these yet anyway?

Well, that's a given...the ocean. It's pretty much amazing, right? Did you know that 95% of it is still unexplored?! There's so much to discover! So, yes, the ocean completely fascinates me. There are some of the most amazing things to see in the ocean and near it. Some of my absolute favorite animals...dolphins & whales call it home, as well as all the beautiful reefs made up of corals and plants that are just incredible. I'm one of the ocean's biggest fans, you might say. Why oh why don't I live near it? Someday, someday. I actually just took my first intro scuba diving class the other night....how cool is that? Thanks to my awesome Ben for giving me a most awesome birthday present....I loved it!!! Maybe someday soon I'll be able to get certified and I can get to the rest of that 95% that has yet to be explored.

Another thing that has always fascinated me has been the miracle of life...yes, babies...how they're made, how they develop, how they grow, etc. Okay, so at times I'm sure that people thought I was a perv for being so interested in this, but I think it's way cool. In high school, while everyone was taking art and music classes....I took science classes such as Zoology, Human Biology, and Genetics. Who takes those kinds of classes for fun? Um, me. My favorite part of each of those classes was the reproduction part. When everyone else was super embarrassed because yeah, it was high school, I was fascinated to know more and I wasn't shy about it. I was kind of the reproduction expert of my classes. I mean, it's pretty much the coolest thing on earth and I'm sure Heavenly Father would agree. It is nothing less than a miracle when conception occurs and a life is created. It's amazing how so quickly that little miracle grows into this fully developed and functioning little person. Seeing Gabriel's little perfectly formed body after just about 17 weeks of growth just confirmed to me how incredible the miracle of life is....absolutely the most fascinating thing.
A baby at 17 weeks gestation...see just how perfect Gabe was?

No comments: