Saturday, July 30, 2011

My Testimony

I was asked to write down my testimony so I figured I might as well share it here. I am much better at expressing my testimony through the written word because I tend to muddle it all up if I actually speak. Every single word is truly how I feel.


One of the blessings that I truly cherish is my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so very thankful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I can, without a doubt in my mind, say that I know who I am and that I know God’s plan. I’ve learned what a true gift that is because most of the world does not know those simple truths.

I know that I am a child of God, a daughter of God, and that He loves me very much. My Heavenly Father knows what I need and He is there for me to give me guidance if I open my heart to receive it. He knows my joys, my heartaches, and my hopes. I am thankful for the many tender mercies He gives me daily, the trials He gives me to grow, and the joys He has given me to make me want to grow so that I will be worthy to live with Him again. I know my Heavenly Father loves me enough that He wants me to be with Him again and that is why He allowed His son to be sent to atone for my sins. I know just how very heartbreaking it is to give up a son, but our Heavenly Father was willing to do that because He loves us all so much. I know that my brother and Savior, Jesus Christ, also loves me and has willingly suffered and atoned for me because of His great love for me. I know that He lives and that because of Him, I will be able to live again with Him and my loved ones for eternity.

My testimony of the plan of salvation has grown ten-fold over the last year. I know that without that testimony I would be lost and I am so entirely thankful for that knowledge and for the gift that our Heavenly Father and Savior have given us in that plan. I know that the temple is the house of God and through the covenants that we make there our families will receive the amazing gift of being together forever. Our Heavenly Father loves all of His children and has provided a way for us to return to be with Him if we choose to do what is right and follow Him in faith.

I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true gospel restored to the earth by a true prophet of God, Joseph Smith. Because of that restoration we were given the Book of Mormon, another testament of Jesus Christ, which I know to be the word of God along with the Bible. I have read the Book of Mormon numerous times and have a strong testimony of its truthfulness. Our lives can truly be blessed by gaining an understanding of the scriptures and searching them for answers to the questions in our lives. I also know that we have a living prophet today, Thomas S. Monson. I have met him, shook his hand, and know with all my heart that he is a man of God. I know that the heavens are open and that our Heavenly Father sends both heavenly and earthly angels to help us through our daily lives. I am so very thankful for my testimony of all of these things and hold it as my greatest treasure.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

all I have to say is AMEN!!!

lindseyfrancom said...

Thanks for sharing. This is great. Somthing I wish everybody did, especially before they pass. Your children and grand-children will cherish this one day.