Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Grand Parade

We thought about sleeping out on the parade route this year. Skylar really wanted to and I was a little indifferent. My friend, Christina, ended up inviting us back to the spot we went last year. We decided that sounded like way more fun than a sleepless night so we ditched the camping out idea and headed down in the morning to watch the parade in style.
My cutie kids eating pancakes on the parade route:
Ben says every year that he's not going to join us at the parade and every year he does. What a good sport!








I'm so glad he did! I love my Ben!!
This picture cracks me up. Apparently this is how these two say "cheese!"There weren't that many floats this year but there were some cool ones. The kids had a fun time!
















Our family's favorite float...the Star Wars one. Horray for the 501st!
Later Boba Fett stopped along the route for a photo op.
Just us:Us with the Chases:
After the parade we went over to the little carnival thing going on down the street. We got to see a little reptile show that Nick loved & the other kids got to get their face painted! They were pretty stoked!What a fun morning!!

1 comment:

lindseyfrancom said...

I didn't know there was a carnival down there! I don't know anything that goes on because we are usually out of town! Maybe we will go another year if we stay again!

Looks fun though and you got some super cute pictures!