Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Colonial Days

After the Balloon Fest & breakfast we decided to head to downtown Provo to check out Colonial Days at the Crandall Printing Museum. Nick was pretty stoked about this statue of Joseph Smith. He said, "Hey Joseph Smith. We're like the same size."
I've heard about the Crandall Printing museum but really didn't think my kids would care so we've never ventured there. I was wrong. They though it was really cool. They were able to see how they set the type and made the prints. I was impressed myself.








The kids got to watch a printing of the Declaration of Independence. They were in awe!








The girls were excited to meet the Provo royalty.
The boys loved watching the cannon shoot off. Kade and Nick tried out the armor that was worn back then. Nick said the chainmail was super heavy to wear. Kade decided to skip it.








Skylar and Nick spent some time in the gallows next to Benjamin Franklin (this guy was totally dedicated to the role!). I'm totally looking into getting one of these at home.








The kids all learned how to make cornhusk dolls. By this point they were all exhausted though so they weren't too excited about it.
Colonial Days was a fun thing to do...plus the kids learned a lot, which is always a bonus! I love learning fun!

2 comments:

Kris said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I'll have to take my kids there some time.

lindseyfrancom said...

This looked like a lot of fun too! When and where did this happen??? Glad your kids were into it. You never know with kids!