Monday, July 11, 2011

Miss Lexi Lou

I guess I've written about the big kids' accomplishments so now it's the little one's turn. I wish I could announce that our stubborn little Lex was completely potty trained, but have I mentioned she's stubborn? She will go to the potty when she wants to do it (mostly that's 10:30 at night) and is not about to let us suggest any different. She could totally be potty trained if she wanted to but sometimes she just doesn't care. Hence, the potty training continues. Silly stubborn girl.She has, however, perfected the art of being a princess...I think a prerequisite for that might be the stubborn attitude. She is very, very into dress up these days. Skylar and her spend hours putting on fashion shows for us in some very stylish ensembles. Of course, posing is totally a part of that and Alexis has also perfected the pose.
As sassy as she is she is also such a sweet girl and is always looking out for others, to the point where she has become the second mom around here telling everyone what they should and shouldn't do. People are always surprised at how much she talks, especially since she's a little like me because she's super shy at first and then once she knows you, watch out! You're in for a whole jumble of information and opinions! Last night she gave me quite the anatomy lesson when she very matter of factly told me, " Boys have penises and girls just have little bums." What a crackup! I sure love this little girl of mine.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Man I wish you lived closer....her and my Alyssa would be 2 peas in a pod. Alexis sounds exactly like my Alyssa...stubborn as ever but completely adorable...Have fun with her and enjoy her.

lindseyfrancom said...

Those pictures have shown a whole side of her I have yet to see! HOW CUTE! I've always thought she was darling, and that comment- HILARIOUS!