Saturday, October 6, 2012

2012 Running With Angels 5k

 
This year the entire family wanted to participate in the Running with Angels 5k at Thanksgiving Point in memory of Gabriel. I was meant to be at Disneyland with my girls, but since I was pregnant I didn't go. I was happy to be doing this 5k instead in remembrance of Gabriel. Little did I know that this would be our last weekend with Reese too and that we were running with two of our angels. It seems just perfect that this is what we were doing in our last moments with him.
The boys decided they wanted to run!
Us girls were walking. We were so thankful to a friend for lending us her jogging stroller so Alexis could ride along. She loved it!
The Running With Angels 5k is so awesome! I love going and seeing so many people there to support their families and remember the sweet babies gone too soon. I love that the proceeds go towards helping with the Angel Watch program and the services that are provided for families when they lose a baby. Those services have been a priceless gift for us and I'm glad that we can give back a little bit. It's truly a special morning and I know that our angel babies are there with us. I love that they start the race off by releasing doves. It's beautiful!
 About a half mile in we passed the boys on their way back to the gardens!
I don't know if there is possibly a more beautiful route for a 5k!
We did it!! We even beat our time from last year. Not too shabby with me being pregnant, having to stop for a potty break, pushing a stroller, and hobbling on two busted feet instead of one this time. Go us!
I won a prize too!
After we went to the Children's Discovery Garden and had a lot of fun!
 
My silly meditating kids:
The kids were excited to see a huge dragonfly on a day we were thinking of Gabe! They sure love their little brother!
I love that we could do this 5k together as a family. It was such a beautiful morning and we loved remembering Gabriel and getting a chance to run with our angels!










No comments: