Sunday, May 29, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

On May 7 Skylar and I had an entire day out together. We started the day going to the Remembrance Walk at Thanksgiving Point. This is put on by the support group that I attend. I guess this is the yearly thing that people keep going to even years after they've stopped attending the group. It was so nice. As everyone is gathering, they play a slideshow of everyone's precious babies. It was wonderful to see Gabriel's picture of his little feet included in that. Then they had a short ceremony and read the names of all of the babies followed by a moment of silence. It was really very touching to have Gabriel's name read in that list of names and to have him remembered. Afterwards, the members in my group walked around the astounding Thanksgiving Point gardens for a little while. It was a beautiful morning! We didn't stay too long at the gardens, although I would have loved to. We had other big plans that day....Lagoon! Skylar had her annual dance competition at Lagoon and we decided to make a day of it. Every time we've been to Lagoon in the last few years, I have always been pregnant or it was raining or something, so I've never actually been able to go on the rides. We decided this was our chance to just have some fun mom & Sky time! We were able to go on a few rides before dance time began. We went on all the wet rides first...I can't believe I didn't take pics...we got soaked!! We at least had the day to dry off. Skylar also didn't have long to stay in her wet clothes because she had to get into dance mode.

This is Sky's dance group, the Mini Starz:
Here is Skylar all dressed up for her first dance:
Their first dance, How to Believe, from Tinkerbell. They did such a beautiful job!
Dressed for her second dance:
Their second dance, A Hard Knock's Life, from Annie. They were awesome!With her medal. They give these to all the participants, but Skylar loves her collection of them. Her group did do amazing though! They won 1st place for both of their dances!! Whoohoo!! We were lucky that Sky's dances were close together because that meant that we had the rest of the day to just have fun. We joined up with Skylar's friend, Abbie, and her mom, aunt & sister. Abbie's aunt actually lost a baby in 2009 at 17 weeks. It was nice to get to meet her and talk about our babies throughout the day. Skylar and Abbie had a blast together. They've been "best dance friends" since they were 3 and always have so much fun! We had such a great day! I learned along the way that I just don't have the stomach for so many of the Lagoon rides. I'm still a big fan of the roller coasters but the ones that spin around and around like so many that do there make me feel ill! It was still fun to go and Skylar was brave enough to go on everything! Way to go Sky!! My favorite of the day was Wicked. What a thrill!!
The next day was Mother's Day. We spent the afternoon at my brother's house with the family and got a chance to talk to my nephew, Dylan, who is serving his mission in Mexico City.
Here's my mom with the kiddos:
Here is the family with my awesome 96 year old grandma:And here's me with my kiddos. I love being a momma!!!



2 comments:

lindseyfrancom said...

Cute pictures of your kids with great grandma, grandma and you! What a great idea. Something I need to be more diligent about! I'm jealous you went to Lagoon, glad you had an awesome day with Skylar and how exciting that her group won first place- WAY TO GO Skylar! The pictures at Thanksgiving point are pretty- it's so great that they do that for mama's who want to remember with each other, I am so grateful you have a support group Cyndi.

Hope you are feeling better. Hope you get over it fast.

Melissa said...

What a wonderful family you have Cyndi...