Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 2: Your favorite movie

Well, wouldn't it be great if I could be one of those fancy people that states that their favorite movie is an artistic movie that moves you to very deep thoughts and makes you reevaluate your life's journey? Well, it's not. My favorite all time movie is Star Wars, actually Empire Strikes Back to be more exact. But, as nerdy as that may seem, there are those important lessons taught from these epic movies. In fact, we have a poster that states "All I needed to learn from life, I learned from Star Wars." Some of my favorite lessons are:

You must choose your own path, no one can choose it for you.

Do or do not. There is no try. (Isn't that a little similar to Spencer W. Kimball's motto? Hmmm...he does bear a resemblance to Yoda.)

Who's more foolish the fool or the fool who follows him?

When 900 years you reach, look as good, you will not.

and of course, my favorite: Let the wookie win.

I have to admit that Ben and I are super fans of the whole Star Wars thing. Yep, we've been at the midnight openings. Yep, we've collected memorabilia. Yep, if we wanted to we could give each of our kids the toys we have stored away for the next 5 birthdays and Christmases and we'd still have plenty left for our own collection. Yep, before we had any kids, our 2nd room was basically a Star Wars room. Yep, we're major nerds. But have we ever dressed up as the characters (besides Halloween)? Nope. And does that mean that I like all sci-fi movies? Nope...not at all...ugh. And does that mean that we love all things nerdy? Nope....I hope no one else thinks that! So we're not those ultra weird, name all of your children (though we actually love the names Luke & Leia and our pets are all named after Star Wars) and dedicate your life to Star Wars nerds. We just really, really, really like Star Wars.

I also love all other sorts of movies. I'm a big fan of the motion pictures. Big fan! I especially love comedies and many action. I'm not a big fan of cheesy chick flicks, except for when it comes to John Hughes 80's movies. Are they chick flicks? Because if so, I'm like the biggest fan ever (almost as big as Star Wars). The top of my list on those would be Breakfast Club (I had it word for word memorized when I was 12...of course it was the made for TV edited version), Pretty in Pink, She's Having a Baby, Some Kind of Wonderful, and especially Sixteen Candles, because basically...No worries. Ben knows. I thank him almost daily for getting my panties back.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Love it!!! My favorite movie is sound of music. When I was 16 and Christopher's dad was 17, I made him dance with me to the sixteen going on seventeen song. I knew it was the only time in my life that the song would be relevent to me. I really hate leisle's scream at the end of the kiss though. I have owned the soundtrack on record, cassette tape, and cd.

Melissa said...

I have to say I also am a huge star wars fan...and a John Hughes film fan...I am excited to read your next edition.

Kris said...

I also have every single word of The Breakfast Club memorized. And I think Some Kind of Wonderful is the most underrated movie of all time. I heart John Hughes.

P.S. That part about getting your panties back made me crack up. :)

lindseyfrancom said...

That last comment- hilarious! I love Jake Ryan too. I've always loved 16 candles and Breakfast Club. I was devastated when I found out it was rated "R"!