Friday, August 10, 2007

Our big announcement!

Well, I'm excited to make an announcement about the upcoming new addition(s) to our house. No, I am not pregnant. Being sick last week, I was asked about 10 times if I was, however flu does not equal pregnancy everyone! But our cat, Sofee, is expecting! We're really excited! We have been waiting quite awhile for a cat to have kittens (our old cat, Gracie, had some trouble with it-so sad!). We're glad we finally get the chance to witness these new little lives. I think it's such a great learning experience for kids to get to see something like this happen. I know that my cats having kittens are some of my favorite memories as a kid.
So, I don't know when she got pregnant because she's not talking but I'm guessing she's about 8 weeks along at this point. I noticed she was showing about 4 weeks ago, so according to my research, she should have about a week left. She's kind of a tiny cat so she doesn't look enormous and this being her first batch, I don't think she'll have too many kittens. Since I've been through the whole pregnancy/birthing thing I wonder, being a cat, does she know what she's in for? Or does she just feel like her body has been taken over with this giant lump in her belly and complete exhaustion? Anyway, I'm totally in nesting mode for her, having set her up in her own little spot in our crawlspace and keeping her well-fed and comfortable. Now I'm just anxiously awaiting the big day and I feel like a crazy grandma-to-be!!!

1 comment:

angie said...

That is awesome! Let us know when they arrive...I would love to hold a new little kitty!