Sunday, August 5, 2007

Weekly Wrap-up

So this week began okay. Nick threw up one time on Monday morning at 2 am but was totally fine after that. We went to see Shrek the Third that night. On Tuesday I got together with an old friend, Angie. We hadn't seen each other in about 7 years and then find out we've actually been neighbors for a year or so. We're about the same north, just 3 blocks west! They are in our same stake but different wards and churches so we've never ran into each other. That' a little crazy. It was fun to see her and catch up on her life and meet her 6 kids. I've always thought Angie was so cool and to see how well she handles having 6 kids is awesome. What an amazing girl!
After that, it is just a blur of the worst flu or something that I've had in quite awhile. Ever since I've had kids, I've been pretty healthy for the most part. I rarely get the knock-down, out of it, sicknesses too much, which is helpful when your greatest responsibility is not yourself. Anyway, I couldn't eat much (still can't) and had a hard time keeping what I ate down. Plus I was so achy that I could hardly sleep so I was basically a zombie the whole week. Being sick in the summer just makes it worse. You're totally hot but every few minutes you get the chills so you're sweating and cold at the same time and just plain miserable. Needless to say, it hasn't been too fun. Skylar has been the little mom around here helping everyone out (even teaching McKade how to go down the stairs forward-which I'm not too happy about). Ben came home from work everyday (I'm so glad he's so close!) to take care of the lunch hour and totally took over once he got home. Poor McKade met him at the door every night with his shoes because all he wanted to do was go outside after being so cooped up. My kids also watched a kazillion hours of Justice League. It's hard to regulate the TV when you are semi-conscious. Anyway, it looks like we've survived and I'm getting back to my old self.
Of course, the second I started feeling a little better, I wanted to be on the go again. On Saturday, my niece, Mae, was getting baptized, and I didn't want to miss that. I felt better so we headed up north to the baptism. Nick watched her go under the water and has decided he's not too sure about that. It's a good thing that he has a few years to go. Skylar is totally excited about getting baptized when she turns 8. I really can't believe that is only two years away. Well, we did the whole dinner thing after and I thought I was okay with the whole eating thing but after we left I started feeling miserable again. Today, I've still felt a little yucky so I stayed home from church. So, anyway, if I've spread this awful bug to everyone, I'm sorry!
I only took 3 pics this week (sorry, none of me in my sickness splendor). Here's one of most of the girl cousins. Out of those of us that live around here, there are only 3 boys compared to 8 girls! Skylar loves it!!!
Here's our sneaky little Nick trying to spy on Ben and I after we put him to bed. He's under McKade's learning table sneaking through the room. He actually made it pretty far before we caught him. The stuff he does is so goofy and funny that it's so hard to get mad at him. We end up laughing the whole time. I hope he always is a goofball. It's so fun.

1 comment:

angie said...

Ha ha! Nick is so funny under the table! It was wonderful to see you again Cyndi! YOU are the cutest mom with your kids. I am so happy we close to eachother and know about it now! I'm glad you're feeling better. We never got sick, so you didn't give it to us! Let's get together soon.