Sunday, August 19, 2007

Weekly Wrap-up

So it's been a busy week trying to fit all of our last summer activities into the short time remaining. On Tuesday we went to Seven Peaks with my sister, Steph, and her four girls. Of course I don't have pictures because I don't ever drag the camera there. We've spent so much time there this summer that I should have pictures, but oh well. Anyway, we had such a fun time with them. Skylar loves getting together with my sister's girls. I think sometimes she'd be okay without ever having a sister if she could just hang with them. I hope that's not the case though. I really want her to have a sister. Steph has become one of my best friends, especially since having kids, and it would be so sad for Skylar to miss out on that kind of relationship.
Ben didn't have Young Men's on Wednesday which worked out perfect because we were able to go the Owlz game and the seats, drinks, hot dogs, popcorn were all a $1 each. We were able to sit right behind home base (with a double rainbow as the background) and the kids really enjoyed watching the game. Usually when we go we're sitting on the grass and they're playing around so much they don't watch the action as much. It was nice to actually pay attention to the game. One of the Owlz players got hurt and an ambulance had to come. The kids were so concerned, especially McKade. The player ended up with only a minor concussion so it wasn't as bad as it looked. Anyway, the game was a blast and the kids loved the hot dogs! The simple pleasures of life.
Thursday brought another day at the pool with the kids. This was the last week that they are open during the day so we had to go one last time. The kids have so much fun in the lazy river. I swear we go around and around a dozen times. I probably look like a fool with McKade in the baby tube and Skylar and Nick hanging on me. Skylar can stand up and swim but she forgets sometimes so I'm always being hung on. I'm definitely in need of a new swimsuit next year as mine has been stretched out by Nick always pulling on it. One of these days I'm afraid there's going to be an X-rated show at the pool when he finally gets it all the way down! I've had so much fun with my kids this summer. I love those little cuties!
So I got an e-mail from my friend, Angela, with a picture of her little boy who just started kindergarten last week. It was just last year that this cute kid was showing up for his
first day of joy school at our house! I totally choked up. So if my friend's kid starting school gets me crying, how's it going to be when my sweet Sky starts school? I had a preview on Friday when we went to Back to School at her school. We don't know who her teacher is yet but we did meet all the kindergarten teachers. Skylar is so excited she can't stand it! However, I'm gearing myself up for a sad and tearful day!
Friday night we headed up the canyon and went camping. It's such a hassle getting all ready and especially packing up our teeny tiny car with all the gear but once I get to the great outdoors, it's all worth it. I love camping so much! We did our usual hot dog roast and had s'mores. McKade was really digging those. We got sprinkled a little with rain but it was still really nice and warm all night. The kids went right to sleep-Nick actually slept better camping than he does at home! McKade woke up about 5:30 am fascinated with the rain on the roof of the tent and there wasn't too much sleep after that. But I don't really think sleeping is included in the definition of camping anyway, is it? We still had such a great time! Maybe I can talk Ben into being campground hosts when we're old and gray?!
On Saturday, Ben's mom babysat so that we could go see the Numbs put on a show. They're the hip hop group that is pretty much responsible for Ben and I. They were all Ben's buddies in high school and then when he was on his mission, I was basically a "groupie". They introduced us the day after he got home from the mish and the rest is history. Well, they haven't had a show down in Provo for like 6 years or so and I think it's even been longer since we've seen them perform. We we're definitely feeling "old" skool there in the crowd of young college kids. It was great to see them-good music, good times. We just wish we would've brought a camera. I guess we'll have to go to another show soon!


2 comments:

angie said...

Awesome week! Looks like you guys had fun. I love that you go camping- we try to go once a year atleast but this year I was too scared of bears!

britt said...

Sounds soo fun. What great memories you are making with your kids! We should reaaly go, except we have zero camping equipment.