Tuesday, August 28, 2007

One Crazy Day!!!!

Okay, I expected today to be crazy and emotional but I had no idea! Today was Skylar's first day of school! Of course, her & Nick(he usually is our early riser-and last to bed!) were up before me. Skylar was so excited! Ben woke me up when he left to work & I jumped in the shower. When I got done I went downstairs to tell the kids to come up for breakfast. They were watching TV and our cat was sitting with them, staring them down, trying to make eye contact. Then I noticed the blood. Soffee finally had her babies!!! Of all days for this to happen. She seriously looked relieved when she saw me and guided me to where they were-4 little adorable kittens. To quote Nick, "It is awesome!!" I was so proud of Soffee. She had done it all by herself and cleaned up most of the mess. I wasn't too happy about her sitting on our couch but hey, we need a new couch anyway. Of course, she didn't have her babies where I wanted her to but she didn't object to me moving them. She has been the perfect little mother all day. Everytime she heard someone cry or scream she'd come into the room and meow like she wanted us to be quiet for her sleeping kittens. The kids have loved it and it's been so fun to watch them dote on Soffee. The biggest challenge is keeping them away and letting her have her peace!!
After the exciting morning rush we walked Skylar to school. Ben drove over from work to meet us and send her on her way. A girl from our ward in Skylar's class came over yesterday so that they could meet and play. Today, like old friends, they grabbed hands and entered the world of kindergarten. So cute!! I didn't burst out crying like I expected, but McKade did! He did not want to see his Skylar go! After taking a dozen pictures, I walked home with the boys with a heavy heart, but kept my composure. When I got home I shed a couple of tears and cuddled with Nick really close until he said "Mom, can you let go?" My sweet babies are growing up. I'm so excited for them because I know how much fun they'll have in life but I also know that it's so hard! Plus I love them sweet and little. Well, of course, Skylar LOVED school!!! She has not stopped talking about how much fun she had. I'm so glad she's so excited!!
Ben & I have been bugging Skylar about taking off the training wheels on her bike. She has been adamant that she was not ready at all. Today she asked me if she could ride her bike to school and I told her she had to have the training wheels off. So, that's all it took. She was ready. So, tonight they came off and she was on her way!! She did pretty good-much better than me when I learned. We will continue to practice but she is determined to get that bike to school within the week.
Anyway, it has been one of the craziest days in a long time. I feel like it's been a whole week's worth in one day! I had insomnia last night so I only slept about 4 hours so I'm in definite need of a bed. What a day, what a day!!

1 comment:

angie said...

wow! what a day! Skylar looks so cute and I am proud of you that you waited until you got home to shed a few tears!
The kitties are SO cute! let me know when we can come see them- when it would be o.k. with Soffee!