Sunday, August 26, 2007

Weekly Wrap-up

This week feels like it hasn't been as busy but looking back it still has. I think it's been less hectic because Seven Peaks is closed during the day so we've only been one time this week instead of our usual trip or two during the days. So, I guess we're slowing down on the fun-filled days of summer and settling into the more mellow days of the school year.
Monday Ben and I went out to dinner with the adult members of my family for my dad's and sister-in-law's birthday. I don't think that we've ever done that since I have been an actual adult. I'm the youngest in the family so it's great to finally make it to the adult's table!!! It was nice to get together. My dad is so awesome. When I was in high school we didn't get along too well (totally my fault-I was such a punk!) but now I value our relationship so much! He's turning the big 69 which seems so weird because 70 year olds used to seem so old!! I guess he's still got one year of youth left. That's how I felt at 29!!! Happy Birthday Dad!! I love you!!!
On Tuesday I got together with one of my high school buddies, Om. Her and another friend, Rachel, and I have been getting together more this year. Rachel had to cancel on us so it was just Om and I and our kids. We went to the park near our high school and just chilled while the kids played. Om's always been such a great example to me. She's the kind of person that you can just count on to do the right thing. It's great to still have her as a friend.
We've been taking advantage of the cooler weather (it's sad when 90 is cooler, huh?) and hanging outside a lot. McKade had his first go on the skateboard and loved it! I think he's got some talent there. Now we'll definitely have to build that half pipe in our yard that we've been talking about. The kids also did some romping in the sprinklers. It's so much fun to watch them do summer kid stuff!!
Saturday we went to BBQ for a friend's birthday up in the canyon. We had fun playing in the river even though it was freezing!! Afterwards we went to the Owlz game. It was like the shortest game ever. We were about an hour late coming from the BBQ but it was already in the 7th inning by then. They won with a homerun in the bottom of the 9th so it still ended up being fun even though we were only there for a short while. We might make it out to one more this summer but the days are slipping away!
Skylar starts school on Tuesday!! She is sooooo excited. We found out who her teacher is (my first pick so I'm glad) but also found that her two best buddies are in the class that she is not. She was really bummed about that. There is another girl in our ward that is in her class though. Skylar doesn't know her because they are not in the same class at church. I set up a playdate for tomorrow so they can play and then they'll know someone the first day. She seems a little more happy now. I know she's going to make a lot of friends and have a blast! I'm so scared that I'm going to cry the whole way home after taking her. Good thing we live across the street from the school so I don't have to drive and bawl at the same time. We told her that tonight is her last little kid night because tomorrow is a school night!! That's a little weird to say!

No comments: