Thursday, August 30, 2007

Totally into Twilight

Last night I finished the latest installment, Eclipse, of Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series. I have to say wow! I really enjoyed it. My only problem with it? The next one isn't due out until next fall. It will be hard to wait because I've totally gotten into them. Each one only took me about a week to read and they're all at least 500 pages, I think. Adrianne gave me the first one for my birthday and I'm so glad she did. Ben teases me because the main audience is teenage girls. But I'd beg to differ on that. Everywhere I go, I see adult women reading them. I even saw a lady reading it while driving, which I definitely don't condone, but totally understand how hard it is to put down. For those of you that don't know the premise-it is basically about a teenage girl who falls in love with a vampire-but he's a good vampire. Sounds a little hokey, but it is definitely a good read. The author actually graduated from BYU and is LDS-although there's nothing "churchy" in the books at all. I've always claimed that you can be LDS and still really be into the whole horror genre. My brother gave a Book of Mormon to Stephen King while on his mission and I'm pretty sure someday Stephen King is going to pick that up and it will change his life. Anyway, get on Amazon & order the whole series-3 so far-it is very difficult to find them in the store!!!

No comments: