Sunday, July 8, 2007

Our 10th Anniversary Trip














We went to San Francisco for our 10th anniversary. We were a little hesitant to leave the kids, especially McKade, with the grandparents but they did fine and it was so nice to be alone!

The first night we stayed at Pigeon Point Lighthouse Hostel. It's about an hour south of SF near Half Moon Bay. I'm a big fan of lighthouses so I was really excited. Ben was such a good sport because the accommodations were less than superior. We had a private room but since it was a hostel, we had to share the bathroom. It wasn't so bad. The guy who worked there was this total burned out surfer guy. Entertaining in itself. Then, when he found out we were from Utah, he said "Whoa! You're like never gonna believe this but my baby brother is totally like the head coach for BYU (Bronco Mendenhall). He's like totally Mormon and @#$!. No disrespect or anything." So, that was kinda weird. I wish we would've gotten a picture with him. He was the nicest guy but such the surfer bum. It was awesome. He totally hooked us up with an hour in the hot tub at no charge ( you have to pay $7/half hour each person) so that was cool. The hot tub was awesome. It was right on the cliff next to the ocean. It was quite an experience.
We did the typical tourist things in SF: Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown, Golden Gate Park, Ghiradelli Square, and we walked back and forth across the Golden Gate bridge. I love San Francisco. It is by far the prettiest city that I've ever been to and it has so many different cultures and interesting things to see. I wish that we could live there but parking for a half hour sets you back $5, it's so expensive! Someday, when our kids are out of the house we hope to move right to the city for a year or so. I think it'd be so much fun to experience the big city life for awhile. I don't know if Ben's as excited, but he's willing. Anyway, it was so much fun to be there. It was all Ben's idea but I know he wanted to go there to make me happy. He's such a sweet guy. I'm so glad that I have him in my life. He is the perfect husband and such a great father. These last ten years have been so awesome. I love you Ben!

No comments: