Tuesday, March 13, 2012

GratiTuesday

Today I was able to make it to the temple for the first time in what seemed like forever even though it's probably only been like 4 weeks. I've been so blessed to have the time to go to the temple this year while Alexis is at joy school. I don't have much time so I always do initiatories but I have come to absolutely love doing them. I love listening to the blessings promised in them....blessings that got me through my initial struggle with infertility before Skylar and blessings that now help me get through this pain of babyloss and the aching longing I have for another baby. What an amazing blessing it is to be reminded of the promises of a loving Heavenly Father who wants us to have joy now and throughout eternity. When I walked up to the temple I was amazed at it's absolute beauty like I always am. The sky was cloudy and the sun was not shining through much, but those blue windows on the steeple just reflected the little light there was and it looked so magnificent! I love the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. It is my favorite building in the entire world. Every time I see it I am reminded of the day that I knelt in one of it's beautiful sealing rooms with my sweet Ben and became his wife for eternity. I am reminded that because of that moment, our entire family will be together forever. I am reminded that Gabriel will be with us again and that he is always a part of us. Just seeing the building can fill me with so much hope for the many wonderful blessings that I have to enjoy in this life and beyond.

Last Sunday I asked my bishop and Ben to give me a blessing. I've been carrying a heavy heart for the last month since going through another loss. I long so much to be happy again. I want hope for that. I was so thankful that in the blessing, my Heavenly Father was able to convey the very things that I needed to hear. I came away feeling that so much heaviness had been lifted and feeling hopeful for the first time in such a very long time. When I went to the temple today I had the opportunity to reflect more on the promises and comfort given to me in that blessing and I was filled with so much gratitude for all I have been given. I am so thankful for the priesthood and the temple and the promises that our Heavenly Father gives us to find our path of happiness.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you were able to go back to the temple! I haven't been in a while. I wish we had a closer temple to us. Although I really shouldn't complain that I am 30 mins away from the nearest temple right?? So many people around the world would DIE to live so close to so many temples here in Utah.