Sunday, October 30, 2011

Hiking to the G

Later in the afternoon of October 15th we decided to finally get in our hike to the G. We had meant to go on Gabe's birthday but that was when I could barely walk so we had to put it off....and Pregnancy and Infant Loss Rembrance Day seemed like the perfect day to finally get up to that G that reminds us of our little Gabriel.
Our friends, the Coxs (minus Heidi) joined us and we started on the trail. The crazy trail started out super steep and kept on almost the entire time and there weren't many chances to stop for a break along the way because the trail was so narrow and steep. I was DYING! Hiking a mountain after 3 months of basically barely even walking is hard! We couldn't see the G for most of it so we almost wondered if we were on the right trail. I was about to be really mad if we were on the wrong one! But it was there....Gabriel's G.As insane as the hike was, it was also afforded some amazing views of the lake and the valley below.
We made it! We made it!
Thanks to the Coxs who kept our brood in line and were patient with my slowness!








We stayed for awhile and watched as an amazingly beautiful sunset turned into one of the most stunning I've ever seen.After we got our sunset fill (Do I ever? I love the sunsets!) we headed down the mountain...in the dark!! I was so thankful we made it home safely!
I am so glad we got to finally hike up to Gabriel's G....and especially that we did it on a special day that we had set aside to remember him. It was awesome!!

No comments: