Friday, October 28, 2011

Beautiful Heartbreak

Today I was driving down the street alone and looked up at the G on the mountain....Gabe's G...and of course I thought of my baby boy. In that moment, I realized that I wasn't sad. I was thankful and happy. I'm so thankful for every single moment that I got to hold my baby boy in my body and then in my arms....and for the knowledge that someday I'll hold him in my arms again. I was happy because I get to be his mother and every single ounce of pain in missing him is worth it. Worth it, because it's also a beautiful thing.

Then I saw this....


....and it expressed exactly how I was feeling today.

I love you baby boy. Thank you for choosing me to be your momma and for helping me to see just how beautiful this all is.

1 comment:

Hone Family as in Ryan and Ashley said...

Thanks. Now I'm bawling my eyes out. What a beautiful story and video. Sure makes me realize what a blessing my life truly is. Thank you for sharing!