Saturday, October 29, 2011

Walk for Rembrance and Hope

On October 15 for Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day we went up to SLC for the Share Walk for Remembrance and Hope at Larkin Sunset Lawn. It was a beautiful day....yet hard to see so many people there that were missing their babies.


We ordered shirts for the whole family with Gabriel's name on them. When I told the kids that they were making shirts with the babies' names they all really wanted one. The shirts were so sweet & totally reminded me of my friend, Ashley's baby, Kingston, whose name is right there on it...and whose symbol is a snowflake.
"Each new life, no matter how fragile or brief, forever changes the world."
The main speaker was Mrs. Utah 2011, Tiffany Alleman. Her platform is Infertility, Pregnancy Loss, and the Gift of Motherhood. She has struggled with infertility and has had 5 miscarriages and only has two living children. I really loved everything she said. My favorite thing she said that I wish so many people would remember, " We don't move on as if something didn't happen because something did and someone did."


I had the chance to go up and talk with her afterwards and thank her. The girls and I got to get a pic taken....Skylar loves any chance to get a pic with royalty.
There was a short walk around the cemetery and then it was time to release balloons. We had brought our own because we're newbies and didn't know they had them already. I love that we did though because it was so fun to release so many.



The kids all got to send a little message to Gabriel on their balloons.
















Then they read the names of each baby and the families sent their balloons towards heaven for them...it was beautiful!I'm so glad we went. I'm so thankful for all of the organizers that made this walk possible as a way to remember our precious babies. It was good to see some of my friends that I would've never known without our angel babies bringing us together....truly amazing women that I love. Often I feel as if no one really remembers our little Gabriel anymore...and days like this remind me that even if that's true, at least we remember...because he is very, very loved by all of us.


We love you precious baby boy! We hope you liked your balloons!! XOXOXO












































































1 comment:

Jeanie said...

I love that you call the G, Gabe's G! We hiked there last summer (2010) on accident for a mutual activity. It's definitely a steep hike! But such a gorgeous view when you get up there.

PS- All 3 of the Frei babies belong to a friend of mine from high school. We were on Dance Company together and we still see each other once in a while. I love that all of you have a group to belong to! It's like another family that can truly understand and relate to what you've gone through. :)