Friday, November 4, 2011

Fall Break

We had a busy Fall Break! I let the kids all choose one activity for us to do (within reason and budget). Nick wanted to go to the aquarium, one of my favorites as well. Plus, it's free for us now! I'm so glad I got that annual pass! On Thursday we headed up for a couple of hours in the afternoon.

The kids always love watching the penguins. Then measuring themselves against the penguins.
Alexis and Nick are my brave kids when it comes to petting the rays there. They love it!








I love watching the Jellyfish!
The kids favorite thing is seeing themselves on the infra-red camera they have there in the Animal Superhero section. What a fun thing!
After the aquarium it was Kade's pick, which is always Trafalga. We usually don't make it to the Lehi one so we hit it on the way home. We didn't have time for a game of mini golf but since it was a nice day we decided we should take advantage of all of the outdoor rides they have there. We started with the bumper boat launchers.








Everyone got thoroughly soaked!! Some punk kid kept aiming right at my head and my hair was dripping when we got off....so were the kids!
We also hit the Tidal wave thing, the airplanes, and the carousel. It was short, but good enough to make Kade happy.








Ben took Friday off so that he could enjoy Fall Break with the kids too. We had some passes to Discovery Gateway Children's Museum that were about to expire so we headed up there for some fun.













Things are always more fun if Dad is there!








I guess sometimes Mom is fun too.
The kids got to a special craft class where they got to make masks.














The kids always love all of the things they can pretend to do at Discovery Gateway!







When were about done the Tongs called to tell us they were at the Clark Planetarium next door so we headed over to see them there.
The Tongs were going to see one of the movies there and we had planned on going to Cornbelly's, Skylar's choice for Fall Break. Everyone decided that they would much rather hang out with the Tongs than go to Cornbelly's (plus it was soooooo much cheaper) so we headed home and the Tongs came to our house after their movie. We had a fun night playing games & hanging out!

On Saturday my family got together for a Halloween party. We had all sorts of fun and spooky food to eat and then everyone put on their costumes. Ben and I were party poopers because our costumes weren't ready yet. Everyone else looked great!
Then we played the eat the donut off the string game. Look at Lex's pose as she gets ready to eat her donut...drama girl.








It is hilarious to watch! We had a fun time together!
On Sunday after church we took a drive around the Alpine Loop. It was beautiful up there! I think we were about a week late, as usual, but there was still so many beautiful leaves to see.








We forced the kids to get out of the car for one picture. It's starting to get chilly!
Okay, this next picture is like the worst ever of me...I hadn't gotten my Sunday nap and I was sleepy but Ben looks good and so does the background.Our kids are not huge fans of driving the loop but I make them do it every year because it's so gorgeous. They were so excited to get out of the canyon and even more excited to see this Halloween display that was really cool on the way home. They decided the whole ordeal was worth it in the end.








Another highlight (yeah, right) of our Fall Break was that Nick was the "lucky one" to get to take home his class guinea pigs home for the really long weekend. Ugh. I am not a fan of rodents....and I'm a fan of most pets. I have never personally had guinea pigs, but after a day I knew that we will never ever have them. They were so stinky and messy!! They also kept the kids awake at night and Ben so conveniently was allergic to them so I had to help with all of the guinea pig duties. Not fun.The good thing is that my kids decided they don't ever want to have guinea pigs as pets either! It was still fun for them to have the experience.
We had a fun Fall Break with the kids...they never last long enough though! I love my kids and love doing fun things with them!












































































































































































































e

No comments: