Sunday, August 3, 2008

We'll Miss You, Q!

Our sweet little Q-tip died yesterday. The hardest part is that we don't know how or why. Our neighbor found him in his yard and it didn't look as though he had any major trauma so we don't know what happened. Our family was all pretty upset, especially Skylar. He was one of Soffee's kittens from her first batch and wasn't even a year old yet, so it wasn't expected and very sad. Our kids had a lot of tears and a lot of questions. It was nice to see their sweet little testimonies surface as they talked about how he was with Heavenly Father now and how we'd see him again someday. I'm so glad that we have the gospel so that even in the case of a death of a pet, my family can be comforted with the knowledge that this life is not final. The kids wanted to have a little funeral for him and Nick was very insistent that we say a prayer. It was very sweet. We loved Q. Just the other day I was thinking how he was such a perfect fit for our family from the very beginning. He was such a beautiful cat with a big heart. He was so affectionate and loving to us all. He was also very tolerant with our kids. He'd never known any different so he took their (sometimes rough) playing as a sign of affection. He was always in the mood to cuddle and brought great comfort to our family. He was really a great pet and we will miss him.

4 comments:

BBC said...

i'm so sorry to hear about your loss. i too would be devastated if that happened to our cat. q seems like he was a wonderful part of your family.

Anonymous said...

You are right on. Joseph Smith said, "Every living thing will be resurrected." That includes Q.

Unknown said...

hi! I saw your blog link on facebook so I hope you don't mind me "spying" on your DARLING family!! wow it is so good to see you and your family. I don't think you have aged ONE BIT! Congrats on your forth child and another girl. How exciting!!

You can check out my family blog anytime. gregarianneanika.blogspot.com . it isn't as exciting but I LOVE to blog, it is my addiction! :)

sorry to hear about your cat. that is so hard. I had a childhood cat that died after we got married and I still think about her. I wish she was alive so my daughter could play with her since she was the BEST cat in the world!!! We will NEVEr be able to have a cat since my hubby is VERY allergic to them ( or maybe that is his excuse not to get one)! ha ha

arianne

ohana=)mama said...

Ohhh so sad. I lost my kitty too when I was young and I remember crying and wondering why he had to die. It's a hard thing when you're a kid. I am happy to have the knowledge of Heaven and Heavenly Father as well. I had to explain to my children that our visit to their Grandma (99yrs of age) might be the last but it was so nice to beable to reassure them that she would be happy and watching over them from Heaven.