Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First Day of First Grade!!


The first day of school went great! Skylar was up at the crack of dawn-the crack of dawn in our home is 7 since that's the earliest we roll! She was totally dressed and ready all by herself and practically jumping out of her seat with anticipation. This was great because I was highly hesitant about the whole early morning thing. Her school has two different times that they go so that the class is smaller for the whole three R's thing. One group, the Early Birds, goes an hour early and gets out an hour earlier and the other group, the Later Gators come an hour later and get out an hour later. She begged me to put her in the Early Birds since her buddies were in it and, knowing that we are not early birds, I was worried. However, the appeal of having her out of school early made my mind up and Early Birds we are! The first day of school was proof we could do it so I'm feeling good about that now.
Skylar loved the first day of school! She loves her teacher & loves that two of her best buddies are in her class with her. She said lunch was kind of challenging because she couldn't get her straw out of the package but other than that, she had a blast! The boys sure missed her and were so glad when she finally got home. I'm so glad she loves learning and has such a postive attitude about school. Skylar, you're awesome!

2 comments:

angie said...

She's so cute Cyndi- I'm glad she had a great first day!

ohana=)mama said...

Well I'd call it a good day if the straw was the only set back! = ) It makes me feel better about sending Keilani next year.