Monday, November 19, 2012

Happy Birthday Mr. Ben!!!

Today is my most favorite person's birthday, my Ben. I have a billion and one reasons to love him, adore him, and to be thankful for him, but I've been making a list the last few years and adding another item for every year he's graced this earth. Today marks 38 and hence, the 38 things I love the most about this amazing man I love:
1. He is my best friend in the world.
2. He's willing to be with me forever.
3.
He is my perfect spoon.

 4. He gave me my sweet Skylar. 
5. He gave me my funny little Nicky.
6. He gave me my cuddly McKade.
7. My kids adore his every movement. He is the best dad in the world!
8. He has these beautiful dark eyes that smile when he's happy. I call them his "smiling eyes".

9. He has always treated me with greatest respect.
10. He makes me laugh, everyday.
11. He is extremely nice to everyone.

12. He's is completely selfless.
13. He stands up for what he believes. This is the first thing I fell in love with.
14. He loves Heavenly Father and tries to make him happy.
15. He honors and respects his priesthood.
16. He takes his calling in the YM Presidency seriously and his boys totally respect him.
**Um, this one is obviously old....all of those YM he had were in his Elder's Quorum when he was EQ President, and now they are all out serving the Lord on missions. He's now serving as the Executive Secretary and still serving the Lord righteously, like always.
17. He is the greatest example of Christlike love that I know.
18. He always tries to do the right thing.
19. I have never seen him say or do a mean thing to anybody. Honestly.
20. He supports me in all that I do.
21. He is the person that everyone can count on.
22. When I married him, a high school friend of his told me " We all think that you got the good one." I've always agreed.
23. He's willing to go on the many millions of adventures that I drag him on.
24. He lets me steal the covers and take over the bed and is still willing to sleep with me.
25. He gives me great massages, especially when I have a migraine,
even though I'm horrible at giving them in return.
26. He does the dishes every night since it hurts my hands.
27. Even though he's not particularly a fan of all our pets, he is very kind to them.
28. He tolerates my obsession for a clean house and helps me to maintain it.
29. Without him, I'd be totally computer illiterate.
30. He works very hard so that I can stay home with my kids.
31. He always saves the last few pieces of popcorn for me.
32. He has always loved me unconditionally, despite my many, many faults.  
33. He still gives me butterflies.
34. He gave my my sunshine, Alexis.
35. He gives me support, hope, and reminders everyday of his love and Heavenly Father's love for me.
36. He gave me my forever baby, Gabriel, who we will raise together in the future.
37. He is so much fun to be with...even when our ideas of "fun" can be different.
38. He gave me our second forever baby, Reese, whom we had such little time with, but were blessed to fall in love with. We'll have him again someday too.


I could go on and on and on. I love Ben so much and everyday I fall more in love with him. Sounds cliche', but it's so true. He's the very bestest and I'm the very luckiest!

Happy Birthday Ben! I love you times a gazillion and thirty eight!!!! 


1 comment:

The UnMighty said...

Happy Birthday to the Uni-Bomber!