Saturday, December 1, 2012

Trying to Touch Heaven Week 3

I've been trying to get this posted for a few days now but I ran out of room on my google account to post pictures. What?!!? Anyway, I found a way to do it and now I can post away!! Whoohoo!!
Here are the kiddos on Thanksgiving today....our tree so full!! 


11/16: Ben-weekends, Cyndi-Skylar, Skylar-Reese, Nick-watching movies, Kade-Skylar, Alexis-Soffee (our poor cat that just died) & Catter (our other cat)
 I'm thankful for the lovely little lady that made me a mommy, my sweet Skylar. She's growing up way too quickly, but in losing my sweet little girl, I am gaining instead a best friend who is an awesome young woman! Skylar is blessed with a passion for life and the confidence to do whatever she sets her mind to, which is a lot! She is very talented in all she does and I admire her positive bubbly attitude and her desire to do what's right. I love you Sky!!!

 I'm adding a thankful today. I'm always thankful for a much needed girls' night out, but I'm especially thankful for it when it's with soulmates. :) Thanks to my dear friends, Kris & Danielle, for the good times, listening ear, & helping me decide to be in a good mood...at least once in awhile. "Why can't you just be in a good mood? How hard is it to decide to be in a good mood and be in a good mood once in awhile?"

11/17: Ben-Date day (me too!!), Cyndi-us, Skylar-technology, Nick-pizza, Kade-Daddy's B-day, Alexis-pizza
 Nick took this awesomely blurry pic of us. How cute are we?!

 I am thankful for us. Fifteen years ago Ben & I were in California at a restaurant and some guy walked by and said, "You two look so in love. Don't ever ruin it by getting married." He was shocked when we told him we already were. Here we are, all these years later, older, grayer, and maybe a bit wiser....but still so in love. I'm thankful for our marriage, our family we've created, our awesome memories, our many inside jokes, and our wonderful life that we've made together. We have had our trials but we've also had enormous blessings...and we've done it all together. I love you babe!

11/18: B-shrimp & salmon (birthday dinner), Cyndi-Gabriel, Skylar-music, Nick-Poppa, Kade-birthdays, Alexis-shrimp (even though she doesn't like it) 

 Today I am thankful for my cherished little Gabriel. Today I woke up especially missing him. Not everyday is like that anymore as some of the ache has turned into a bittersweet longing, but today it hurt. In church I watched as my friend's  sweet 2 year old wrapped his arms around her neck and I wished I had Gabriel's almost 2 year old arms wrapped around my neck. In those moments of ache I know that he's not far away and although I can't physically feel his arms, I know that he's there, helping his momma get through these difficult days. Although I miss him every day, I know that he's where he's meant to be and I know that he's doing what he needed to do. I'm thankful for the valiant boy he is and the amazing missionary he must be. I know he's taught me so many things in the last two years without him here in my arms, but instead in my heart. I know our family is strengthened because of him. It's a special thing to love someone on the other side. I have grown so much and I want to be better and do better every single day. I hope that one day, when I see him again, he will be as proud of me as I am of him. I love you, my little Gabriel, every single day!

 "I have learned that the bitter, almost unbearable pain can become sweet as you turn to your Father in Heaven and plead for His comfort that comes through His plan; His Son, Jesus Christ; and His Comforter, who is the Holy Ghost.

What a glorious bless
ing this is in our lives. Wouldn’t it be tragic if we didn’t feel great sorrow when we lose a child? How grateful I am to my Father in Heaven that He allows us to love deeply and love eternally. How grateful I am for eternal families. How grateful I am that He has revealed once again through His living prophets the glorious plan of redemption." -Elder Shayne M. Bowen



 11/19: B-birthdays!, Cyndi-Ben!!, Skylar-holidays, Nick-Dad, K-shrimp, A-turkey

  Today was my favorite person in the whole world's birthday, Ben!!! I know that I always gush over how great this guy of mine is and how much I adore and love him, but that's because it's true. I won't do it  because he's not a fan of it (plus I already did some gushing on the post just for his birthday), but I will say that this amazing man in my life is one of the greatest blessings I could ever have dreamed of. He is my thankful each and every day, now and forever.

11/20: B-running, Cyndi-Joy school, Skylar-school, Nick-books, Kade-the Tongs, Alexis-balloons 
  I'm thankful for Joy School and for the cute little turkeys I've had the pleasure of teaching over the years. It has been a true blessing that I've been a stay-at-home mom so that my kids and I could have the opportunity to take part in the Joy School program with so many amazing friends. This might be my last year of Joy School and I will truly miss it. Thank you to all of my awesome friends that have taught my children the joys of this world and have trusted me to teach their children too.

11/21: Ben-reunions, Cyndi-eternal families, Skylar-temples, Nick-Grandma & Grandpa Jensen, Kade-houses, Alexis-Grandma & Grandpa Jensen

I am thankful for the greatest blessing of the temple, eternal families. I am so blessed to have been able to go to the temple to see my dear friend's beautiful baby girl sealed to her and her eternal family this day. I am thankful for those same sealing covenants that ensure that my husband and our six precious children are a forever family. What a priceless gift eternal families are!

11/22: Ben-family, Cyndi-Heavenly Father, Skylar-dance, Nick-football, Kade-Thanksgiving (or Pranksgiving, as he decided it should be called), Alexis- breakfast (breakskiss) 
  I am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who gives me every single blessing that I have. I struggle feeling His love so often but when I look around and see just how many blessings I have, I know He must love me incredibly. I have so very many to be thankful for and although I remember that everyday, I love that Thanksgiving gives me the opportunity to particularly concentrate on them and express my gratitude more. I am especially thankful for my most cherished blessings, my six little cuties, four here on earth, and two here in spirit, and my amazing and wonderful husband, Ben!!

No comments: