Thursday, November 15, 2012

Trying To Touch Heaven Week 2

 Our tree is looking so full! We are very, very blessed!!!
11/9: Ben-prayer, Cyndi-Fellow baby loss mommas, Skylar-agua, Nick-friends, Kade-Dylan (Tong), Alexis-Amy(Tong)

 Today I am so thankful for my fellow baby loss mommas. Honestly, I don't know what I'd do without them,  their friendship, their understanding, and their help through difficult days on this lonely road of loss. I have found that although this is one of the crappiest clubs anyone could ever have to be in, it is filled with some of the most astounding and wonderful women that I've ever met. These ladies have laughed with me and cried with me, and most importantly loved and remembered my babies with me. 

I'm posting this picture of my long lost friend, Arianne. We were good friends in junior high and high school and then lost contact somewhere when we were at different high schools. Thank heavens for Facebook that brought us back together. Arianne lost her little Spencer 8 years ago at 20 weeks. Of all the baby loss mommas that have helped me through this, Arianne has been the bestest! I think she hears from me almost daily via text and she has been so helpful! Thanks Arianne for being there for me every step of the way! 


11/10: Ben-snow, Cyndi-our neighborhood & friends, Skylar-sports, Nick-Mom (awwwwwww), Kade-languages, Alexis-BYU

 I'm so thankful for the awesome neighborhood we live in with an awesome park with an awesome sledding hill and awesome friends to share it with!! We really do love where we live....so much so that we can't seem to move away, although we've thought about it many times in the last few years. We live in such a great area, we love our house (although it's on the smallish side since it's a starter and we were going to be here 5 years max), and we love our ward. We have been truly blessed to live where we do and will miss it greatly if we ever do move.
 

11/11: Ben-Primary program, Cyndi-Primary Program, Skylar-the Sabbath day, Nick-caramel apples, Kade-Primary program, Alexis-flowers  

Today I am thankful for the best Sunday of the year, the Primary Program! This year all 4 of the kiddos were up there singing their hearts out and sharing their testimonies of choosing the right. This momma is very proud of my sweet kids and their joy in the gospel. I am so thankful for the Primary organization and the wonderful leaders and teachers that teach my children and strengthen their testimonies. This year has been a blast for the kids as they've had the amazing CTR Man making visits often to pick a sidekick. The sidekicks are all kids that have chosen the right and our kids have loved when they've been chosen. He's a true hero at our house! There's also been visits from the time machine from prophets, both ancient and modern-day. Our kids are learning and loving the gospel so much!

11/12: Ben-the sun, Cyndi-Reese, Skylar-Nick, Nick-Reese, Kade-food, Alexis-Jesus & Gabe & Reese

 Today I am thankful for my little Reese. I would've been 37 weeks today and due any moment to have him in my arms, but instead I will have to wait for heaven to hold my baby boy again. I know where he is though and I know that he and Gabriel are together doing amazing work and following God's plan for them. I am thankful that Reese is mine and I'm thankful for every bit of joy that he brought our family in the few precious weeks we had with him. He was so loved from the very beginning and we are blessed to know that love will last an eternity. We love you now and forever Baby Reese!!!

 11/13: Ben-light, Cyndi-temples, Skylar-Kade, Nick-blessings, Kade-water, Alexis-everyone in the whole wide world! 

 Today I'm thankful for temples and that I was able to go today. I went in with a heavy heart but came out feeling so peaceful and grateful. I am thankful to be sealed to my Ben for time and all eternity and that our precious children are ours forever because of that. The temple is such a gift and it is one of my favorite places to be. I'm also so thankful that I live fifteen minutes away from two temples. That is a true gift that so many don't have in this world. I am trying to take advantage of that blessing by going often and seeking the peace and comfort that the temple brings to my heart.

11/14: Ben-Reflections, Cyndi-talents, Skylar-Alexis, Nick-awards, Kade-school, Alexis-pumpkins

I'm thankful for talents and although I have few, my kids have been blessed with so many! The effort of doing Reflections paid off with all three of the kids getting an Award of Merit for their talents! Skylar and Kade won for Visual Arts and Nickolas for 3-D Arts. Skylar also won the Award of Excellence for her dance choreography!! Alexis didn't win anything today but danced her heart out at her dance class and has the most beautiful voice that is always singing and brightening my day. I love to see them excelling in things that they love to do and am thankful for the beauty their talents bring to the world!

11/15: Ben-dancing, Cyndi-Kade, Skylar-Gabe, Nick-Thanksgiving, Kade-sneezes, Alexis-that Kade feels better (so sweet since she's sick now too)!

 I am thankful for my awesome little guy, McKade!! The last few days he's been sick as can be (notice above picture of Reflections assembly that we dragged him to even though he felt less than awesome) and I've missed how much fun he usually brings to our family. He's finally on the mend and his contagious smile, laughter, and cuckoo personality always brighten my day. He might look exactly like his poppa, but he's a crazy loon like me and we have some big adventures planned together! He is fun loving, hilarious, and super smart to boot. I love you Mr. Kadybug!





No comments: