Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Today I was challenged to think of three things that I was happy about. Now, I'm usually pretty good at finding something to be grateful about....but I just wasn't feeling happy in the moment. Grateful, yes....happy, still not there....don't know if I'll ever make it back. Anyway, I had to actually think about it for a few minutes but finally was able to do it. My three things today that I am both grateful and happy (yes, I said happy) about were:

1. My kids are happy. They struggle sometimes with their own grief, but for the most part they are happy kids loving life.

2. Ben can now officially shave off his beard. It isn't gone yet, and in fact might stay through Halloween, but filming is done and he's free to shave away. I don't mind a beard though....I actually dig him with a beard. It's just super gnarly right now.

3. The very breath I breathe. We've been reading in Mosiah and King Benjamin talks about how we owe everything to our Heavenly Father because we are in debt to him even for our breath. Even on the days when it feels so hard to take another breath, I'm thankful that I'm still kickin because I have a lot of work to do to be good enough for those boys of mine.

No comments: