Tuesday, September 11, 2012

GratiTuesday


Well, school's back in full swing and Alexis is even back to joy school. That leaves me all alone a few times a week. Again. I can't believe I have to go through all of this pain, loneliness, and heartache again.

There is one blessing in being alone though. I have the chance to go to the temple more often. Today I was very blessed to get to go. I've been really having a hard time and feeling that downward slide beginning again with due dates and birthdays and holidays coming and time marching on without my babies here and/or on their way. I needed something today and I'm so thankful that I could go and feel a little peace there. The Mt. Timpanogos temple is under construction but it's still the most beautiful building in the world to me. It's there that our forever family began and remembering that always brings me peace on the dark days.

Being September 11, it also reminded me of just how thankful I am to have the temple to seek refuge in on hard days. 11 years ago when those buildings fell, not all hope fell with them. There is still good in this world and in the world to come. 

I'm also thankful that we could go visit the Healing Field in Sandy today. This year the kids are really getting it and asking all sorts of questions. They are realizing more what a tragic event 9/11 was and why it's important to never forget the heroes made that day and the sacrifices that are still made with the heroes serving us every day. I am so thankful for all of their sacrifices and for the gift it is to our great country. We'll never forget.

No comments: