Friday, November 11, 2011

With Gratitude in our Hearts....Days 1-10

"Despite the changes which come into our lives and with gratitude in our hearts, may we fill our days-as much as we can-with those things which matter most. May we cherish those we hold dear and express our love to them in word and in deed."
--Thomas S. Monson


It's November and time to express the gratitude in our hearts for all the blessings that we cherish.

Our many thankfuls:

11/1/11
Ben-Cyndi (awwww), Cyndi-the whole Thanksgiving season, Skylar-friends, Nick-school (on a day he was home sick), Kade-family, & Alexis-family
I am so thankful for the Thanksgiving season. I love this time of year. I do my best to be grateful every day for every blessing that I have, but I feel as if my heart just bursts with gratitude during the month of November as we are even more reminded to be grateful and show thanksgiving. I think that it is the most appropriate way to prepare for the Christmas season by showing our Savior the thankfulness in our hearts.

11/2/11
Ben-scriptures, Cyndi-Ben, Skylar-family, Nick-food, Kade-food, Alexis-food
I am thankful every single day for my absolute favoritest person in the world...my best friend, my husband, the most amazing dad ever to my kids, and the love of my life, my Ben. I don't know how I ever got so lucky to deserve such a wonderful man to be mine. He teaches me so much, he serves me, he comforts me, and above all, he loves me more than I'll ever be worthy of. I am honestly the luckiest. Thank you Ben for choosing me. I love you, I love you, I love you....as long as forever.

11/3/11

Ben-kids, Cyndi-the priesthood, Skylar-food, Nick-medicine (still sick), Kade-cousins, Alexis-cousins
I am so thankful for the power of the priesthood and priesthood blessings that comfort me and help heal my family. I'm thankful for my husband (again) for honoring what a sacred gift it is and for always being worthy to use it when needed to bless the lives of others. Poor Nick had been sick all week and I was thankful that Ben could offer him a blessing and help him in regaining his strength. I was also thankful that Ben could offer me a blessing of comfort when my heart was heavy with hurt this week. What a blessing it is to have the restored gospel and with it the blessing of the priesthood!

11/4/11

Ben-apples, Cyndi-being a mom, Skylar-clothes, Nick-family, Kade-grandmas & grandpas, Alexis- grandmas & grandpasI am so grateful for the wonderful privilege of being a mom. It's the toughest job in the world....runny noses, disturbed sleep, crazy messes, tantrums, and meltdowns....but it's also the most rewarding....sweet notes and drawings, slobbery smooches, "Me loves you"s, proud moments, and lots of hugs and cuddles. It's everything I've ever wanted to do and be and I never take the gift that it is for granted. I'm so blessed to be the mother of my 5 amazing children!

11/5/11
Ben-weekends, Cyndi-my parents, Skylar-nature, Nick-his BFF, Dylan Tong, Kade- Dylan Tong, Alexis-Amy TongWhat a blessing it is to, like Nephi, say that I have been born of goodly parents (above with goofball Alexis). I'm so thankful for my wonderful parents who have always sacrificed and been great examples of Christ-like love and service to others and the Lord. They have a deep love for others and for their family and strive to show that through their kindness and generosity. They have faced numerous trials but through it they have shown great faith and determination. I am thankful that they are also awesome grandparents, always willing to watch our kids and going out of their way to support their many grandkids in the activities that they do. I love you Mom & Dad!

11/6/11

Ben-fasting, Cyndi-my calling in YW, Skylar-the gospel, Nick-pets, Kade-the Mario gang, Alexis-powdered sugar

I don't know if I've mentioned on this old bloggy that I have a new calling...I am now the 2nd Counselor in the Young Women....so I guess that's called the Beehive Counselor, right? When our bishopric member asked me to accept this new calling I was so relieved that I wasn't getting released from working with my Beehive girls because I have grown to love all of them so much! We have so much fun together and it's awesome to see the testimonies of these awesome girls grow. We have such wonderful girls in our entire young women and they have taught me so much already. I love them all, but I especially love my Beehives!!

11/7/11
Ben-massages, Cyndi-Skylar, Skylar- missionaries, Nick-sleep, Kade-missionaries, Alexis-missionaries I'm so grateful for the girl who made me a mom, my sweet Skylar. I think we've gotten to the point where I'm learning so much more from her than she is from me. She is a great example of loving life and striving to do her best in all she does. She is a wonderful friend and is very thoughtful of others and I am thankful that I can call her my friend. She always tries to choose the right and is turning into an amazing young woman (gasp!) with a strong testimony of the gospel and its goodness. She's just an awesome girl! I love you Sky!!

11/8/11
Ben-friends, Cyndi-Nick, Skylar-Gabe, Nick-Mom, Kade-magic, Alexis-hairI'm so grateful for that amazing boy of mine, Nickolas. Whenever I feel as if no one in the world cares, Nick is there with a hug out of the blue just to remind me that someone loves me. He has the kindest, most sensitive heart and always strives to make others happy. I love that Nick has a passion for animals and treats them with such awe and kindness. Nick is such a creative kid and I love his desire to experiment and figure out how things work. He is just awesome! I love you Nicky Duncy!!

11/9/11
Ben-Gabe, Cyndi-Gabe, Skylar- Lexi Lou, Nick-Dad, Kade-Gabe, Alexis-SkyI am so very thankful for my precious baby boy, Gabriel. 15 months ago on this day we learned that the hopes and dreams we had for Gabe being in our family were going to be drastically changed and that we'd spend a lifetime missing him. I'm thankful for every moment that I got to spend with him before that, for the time I got to know his busy personality through his little kicks, for the precious moments I got to hold his perfect little body in my arms, and for the moments that I still feel him in our lives. I'm thankful for his example and for the greater desire he has put in my heart to always strive to be better in all I do so that I can be with him again. I love you baby boy, forever.

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude."
--Joseph B. Wirthlin


11/10/11
Ben-Alexis, Cyndi-Kade, Skylar-Kade, Nick-rain, Kade-Mom, Alexis-Kade
I am so grateful for my full of energy and "cookiness" (his words), McKade. Kade is by far my craziest kid but that also means that he's a lot of fun! That kid will do anything for a laugh and has such an awesome personality. I love that he's willing to try things and has a desire to do so many things. We have some great adventures planned! He is very friendly, makes friends easily, and he's totally loyal to his friends, especially his ladies. :) He is especially good at helping others and always wants to be of service. He's also pretty darn good at cuddling. I love you my Kadybug!!

No comments: