Wednesday, November 30, 2011

With Gratitude in Our Hearts.....Days 21-30

11/21/11

Ben-books, Cyndi- joy school, Skylar-monkeys, Nick-monkeys, Kade-monkeys, Alexis-monkeys....silly little monkeysI'm so thankful for Joy school and for all of these sweet little pilgrims!! We have such a fun group! I'm so excited that, after 7 years, I finally got to teach the fun Thanksgiving lesson! I love having the chance to teach my own kids about the joys of this world. I'm thankful for all of the awesome moms that help teach my kiddos such great stuff!!

11/22/11

Ben-scuba diving, Cyndi-friends, Skylar-turkeys, Nick-garbage cans, Kade-tacos, Alexis-bananas
Today I'm so grateful for all of my awesome friends, both old and new, near and far! I'm thankful for all of the wonderful memories I have of good times and bad, laughter and tears with my friends by my side. I'm thankful for the incredible examples I have to follow. I'm so lucky and blessed to have such terrific friends!!!

11/23/11


Ben-priesthood, Cyndi-5 Senses, Skylar-waffles, Nick-doctors, Kade-birthdays, Alexis-princesses
Today I'm thankful that my ear drum is not ruptured. I hurt it scuba diving up at the crater in Midway and the Dr. said it's filled with blood and fluid. Ugh! It's hurt & feels awful & every sound is still muffled...meaning that scuba diving is out for a couple of weeks...but it should heal. I'm bummed that I was so close to scuba certifying though. Dang it! I'm grateful for my usually working 5 senses that I tend to take for granted. Human bodies are amazing, even when they're in pain!!

11/24/11

Ben-family, Cyndi-Heavenly Father, Skylar-Thanksgiving dinner, Nick-house, Kade-St. Nick, Alexis-pie
I am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows me and loves me. Every single blessing I have been given has come from Him and for that I am truly grateful. I am thankful for the love He shows me despite my many struggles and shortcomings. I have to admit that there are many days that I don't feel very loved by Him. I've had such a hard few years and I often wonder where He is in my life. Then I'll see an amazing sunset, something awesome in nature, have a friend call right when I needed someone to care, or one of my children give me the sweetest smooches and hugs, and I know that He remembers me. When you're really searching to know of His love, He will always find a way to show it. I am so grateful to be a child of God and to know who I am and know God's plan.

"God sees you not only as a mortal being on a small planet who lives for a brief season—He sees you as His child. He sees you as the being you are capable and designed to become. He wants you to know that you matter to Him."
-Dieter F. Uchtdorf


11/25/11

Ben-ice cream, Cyndi-Christmas time, Skylar- 5 senses, Nick-teddy bears, Kade-numbers, Alexis-babies

Today I am thankful for Christmas time. I love decorating, the music, the lights, the excitement in my children's eyes, and the peaceful feeling the season brings. It's always been my favorite and even now that it holds some pain as I expected to have my little Gabriel born right after Christmas last year, I am thankful that the season brings hope. Without the birth of our Savior, I wouldn't have the hope to someday have my little baby boy in my arms again. I'm so thankful for the birth of our Savior and the wonderful Christmas season to remember the greatest gift our Heavenly Father could give us, His son.

11/26/11

Ben-trees, Cyndi-Adrianne, Skylar- hot chocolate, Nick-Santa Claus, Kade-leaf piles, Alexis-penguins
Ugh! I hate this picture, but I love my awesome bestie, Adrianne. As high school as it sounds, she's always there for me. She's the best!! I'm so thankful that she's not moving to Florida yet so that we can still squeeze in another few months of doing our fun traditions and that we have totally proved my dad wrong. :) We have had so many good times together and we share so many inside jokes. I love that we can laugh together, cry together, and especially that we can laugh until we cry together. Love ya, Andrean!!

11/27/11


Ben-water, Cyndi- Jesus Christ & His Atonement, Skylar-books, Nick-oxygen, Kade-oxygen, Alexis-gingerbread cookiesToday I am thankful for my brother, my friend, and my Savior, Jesus Christ, and for His atonement. I've learned that in order to feel the joy promised by the Savior, we must go into the depths of sorrow. We have to know pain and suffering so that He can teach us joy. I'm thankful that I've had to learn to depend on Him so that I can learn more about Him and what His atonement means in my life.

11/28/11

Ben-, Cyndi-Being a stay at home mom, Skylar-the sun, Nick-Kade, Kade-quiche, Alexis-blankieToday I'm thankful to be a stay at home mom. It's the best job in the world! I'm thankful that my husband has a good job that allows me be here with my kids. It's a luxury that I know not everyone can afford. I am always in awe of the families that actually do have moms working out of the home because it would be so hard to do both! I feel like my list of to-dos is never done. I'm grateful that staying at home helps me be able to help others outside of my family as well.

11/29/11

Ben-Everyone was okay in our car accident, Cyndi- modern day conveniences, Skylar-cereal, Nick-a big sister, Kade-Christmas, Alexis-Gabriel BearYep, you heard it. The kids and I got in a car accident. Thankfully, we were all fine. It was just a little fender bender with a jeep. We were waiting at a stop light, the light turned green and the car in front of me started driving, so I followed, glanced down for a nanosecond just as she stopped because the intersection was backed up....crash! I was only going like 5 miles an hour and the police didn't cite me because he said it was clearly just an accident, not due to fault, but I still felt horrible for the other driver. Her car wasn't damaged and she was okay but it's still just so inconvenient to be in an accident. She was really nice though and gave me like 5 hugs as I apologized profusely. Ugh. I hate car accidents. Seriously, hate them. So, the car above is not ours, thank heavens. We should have taken a picture but the damage was way less extensive and will be fixed soon....another thing to be thankful for. It will still be pricey though after the deductible and the rental car fees. Merry Christmas, eh?

Ironically, my thankful for today was all of the modern conveniences that I know I could live without but would never want to....cell phones, computers, internet, cars (go figure, eh?), electricity, indoor plumbing, appliances, etc. etc.


11/30/11
Ben-Cyndi (again....awww, he's the best!), Cyndi-trials, Skylar-gratitude, Nick-a little sister that is so cute, Kade-Nick, Alexis-GabeToday I'm thankful for trials. I'm thankful for six little girls and many others that remind me that when I've had a bad day/month/year that there's always others that are going through major trials too and that we're here to help one another. I'm thankful that others' examples of strength humble me to be thankful for what I've been given, even if I don't necessarily like it. I'm thankful for trials because I know that I am growing and learning through them, even when it hurts. I only hope that I can continue to see the many, many blessings I've also been given and recognize that they far outweigh the trials in my blessed life.

" Part of enduring well consists of being meek enough, amid our suffering, to learn from our relevant experiences. Rather than simply passing through these things, they must pass through us and do so in ways which sanctify these experiences for our good. Thereby, our empathy, too, is enriched and everlasting." –Neal A. Maxwell





Another month of November thankfuls are done! Our tree has been filled with the many reminders of just a few of the blessings we have been given. I know that if we continued, we could fill a forest of trees because we have been given so much. I love this tradition of ours and I can hardly wait for next November. I hope that we can remember throughout the year the many blessings we have been given and that we'll always have gratitude in our hearts.

"Despite the changes which come into our lives and with gratitude in our hearts, may we fill our days-as much as we can-with those things which matter most. May we cherish those we hold dear and express our love to them in word and in deed."
--Thomas S. Monson

No comments: