Monday, November 21, 2011

With Gratitude in our Hearts....Days 11-20

11/11/11
Ben-air, Cyndi-Alexis, Skylar-Nick, Nick-toys, Kade-Alexis, Alexis-MomToday I am thankful for my beautiful happy girl, Alexis. Minus the occasional major tantrums that she is completely capable of she is such a sweet spirit that brings such joy to our family. Not many people get to see just how silly and sassy she is, but that goofy girl keeps us smiling and laughing all of the time. She has a mischievous side to her and loves to tell jokes and surprise us but for the most part she is just such a good girl and is so easy going. I honestly can take her wherever I need to and not worry about her causing trouble. She is always looking out for everyone and making sure that we're doing just what we're supposed to do and that we're happy. She's such a sweetheart. I love you sweet Lexie Lou!!

11/12/11
Ben-Nick, Cyndi-organization, Skylar-Mommy, Nick-Thanksgiving, Kade-cheese, Alexis-ThanksgivingToday I'm thankful that our office is finally cleaned after months of being the room of shame! I'm a neat freak & I need order. It's not often that I let my house get out of control, but the office is the exception. It's like the catch-all for everything and then when we get too busy, it just gets crazy and then I don't even like going in there because I can't stand it being like that. I have to say that most the cleanliness of our house comes from me...that's my job as a stay at home mom...but sometimes I need to enlist Ben and this was a definite enlist Ben kind of job. I'm glad that he likes things organized too! It was so nice to finally have a day so that we could get back to normal! Yeah for organization!!

11/13/11
Ben-Skylar, Cyndi-medicine, Skylar-Daddy, Nick-turkey s, Kade- family tree s, Alexis-milk
I am thankful for both modern medicine and alternitive medicine to help with our physical pains & ailments. I'm especially thankful for peppermint & wintergreen essential oils, Advil, dark rooms, ice packs, heating pads, & Dr. Pepper...all which helped me make it through the night & through church on this day with a major migraine. Ugh. I hate migraines...I'm not at all thankful for them!

11/14/11
Ben-sleep, Cyndi- a warm cozy bed in a warm cozy hous e, Skylar-dance, Nick-sun, Kade-school, Alexis-sleep
Well, the migraine was just the start of a miserable couple of days. The next day I was sick as a dog with a fever, body aches, and chills, and an even worse migraine. I stayed in bed the entire day and although I felt miserable, I was so thankful for a warm cozy bed in a warm cozy house with warm cozy kids to cuddle. Can you even imagine having a fever and being homeless? That would be the worst! What a blessing it is to just have a bed when you're sick! I was also thankful for the magic of Disney movies to keep my kiddles occupied.

11/15/11
Ben-Kade, Cyndi-grandparents, Skylar-school, Nick-tacos, Kade-Dad, Alexis- quesedillas
I'm thankful for my awesome grandparents! Today would have been my grandpa's 101st birthday (and my nephew, Kye's, 22nd) and for the first time in years, my grandma will be able to celebrate with him in heaven. With the holidays and my Grandma's birthday coming I've been missing her more than ever. It's kind of strange not having any living grandparents anymore and I miss them so much! I'm thankful for all of the time that I did have with them, the gift of being close to them, and their wonderful examples that always made me want to do what was right so that they would be proud of me. I'm very blessed to have had such wonderful grandparents in my life!!

11/16/11
Ben-sunset, Cyndi-compassion, Skylar-sleep, Nick-air, Kade-trees, Alexis-ice cream

Today I'm thankful for the compassion of others. I have come to realize that not everyone has the ability to "mourn with those that mourn, yea and comfort those that stand in need of comfort." I've learned that those that truly try to sympathize are few, but that they have an amazing gift. I'm thankful for those that realize and remember that my heartache of losing Gabriel will never go away and that I will miss him every single day. I am so thankful for those that have helped me in my heartaches by a giving a simple hug even if they didn't have the words to say...and for those who didn't have the words, but still have said something anyway. I know that my compassion for others has grown from simply seeing the amazing examples of others that have that gift.

"Man may dismiss compassion from his heart, but God never will." -William Cowper

11/17/11

Ben-grandparents, Cyndi-temples, Skylar-pets, Nick-my teacher, Kade-turkeys, Alexis- Joy school

Today I am thankful for temples. I'm thankful that after 3 (yes 3!) failed attempts to get to the temple this last month, that I finally was able to go that morning. I'm thankful that even though the temple I normally go to, Mt. Timpanogos, was closed, that I live close enough that I could got to Provo instead. I love the peace and comfort I receive when going to the temple. I'm also thankful to be sealed to my honey and our little ones in the temple so that ours is a forever family!

11/18/11
Ben-my mom, Cyndi-babyloss friends, Skylar-my bed, Nick-Koda, Kade-crazy stuff (silly), Alexis-Sossee (Soffee, our cat...we can't stand to correct her)

Today I'm thankful for the amazing moms and dads that I've gotten to know better or have met through losing our children. I know that our little ones have brought us together so that we can be there to support, understand, and strengthen each other. I don't know how I'd do this without them. I have come to know some of the most wonderful people with great testimonies and hope in the gospel and plan of salvation. I'm thankful for their examples of love and strength and feel blessed to call them my friends.


11/19/11
Ben-my birthday, Cyndi-the birth of Ben, Skylar-drinks, Nick-apple cider, Kade- Dad's birthday, Alexis-Daddy's birthday

Today I'm thankful for Ben...again...because when you're as super cool as he is you totally get two days. I'm sooooo thankful that he was born and that I get to spend my life with him. I'm thankful for everything he is and does. He's the best of the best!!

11/20/11
Ben-missionaries, Cyndi-Sundays, Skylar-church, Nick-to be thankful, Kade-gratitude, Alexis-Nicky

Today I'm thankful for Sundays. They are still my hardest days, but they're getting better. I'm thankful that I get to go to church and partake of the sacrament and learn more about the gospel. I'm thankful for our wonderful ward and the amazing people and my awesome friends that are in it. I'm also very thankful for Sunday naps!

No comments: