Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Spring Break

We had a good time during Spring Break. Yes, we got a lot of stuff done, but we had a lot of fun too. On Monday, the kids took a long break from cleaning and went to the park with their friends to play 4 square. Kade also got to go on a picnic with his friend and brave dad who was willing to take him. They all came home a nice new shade of pink. Uh, yeah, sunscreen! I always forget that during those first sunny days of Spring. We were just so excited to actually see sun!!

On Tuesday it was rainy again so we just bucked up and finished cleaning the kids' rooms, and this mean mom decided the kids need to be rewarded the with ice cream at Baskin Robbins. We never just go get ice cream! Maybe that's because I'm ice cream intolerant. Not lactose, mind you, just ice cream. It makes me feel like death. It's kind of good that I'm not a huge fan of it...the reason I could work at both Baskin Robbins and Snelgrove's all those years ago without eating tons of ice cream along the way. Anyway, the kids were stoked to get a special treat and they really deserved it after all of their hard work.

Wednesday the sun came out again and we headed out for some outdoor mini-golfing at Trafalga. I was worried that it would be super crowded, but it was just semi crowded. We had a fun time and I realized just how good Kade is at mini golf. There's some definite talent there! Is there such thing as a professional mini golfer? After doing the first 18 holes, the kids begged to do the other 18 holes. After Alexis lost her ball who knows where and Skylar hit hers into the pond, the kids pretty much gave up and started major-cheating instead of mini-golfing. They thought this was super hilarious. Silly kids.
Thursday we went to Chuck E. Cheese for the boys' birthday pizzas. It's kinda handy having their birthdays just a month apart because then I can roll the dreaded trip into one instead of two. I am not a fan of that place. I just feel like I need a bath after going there...so many germs...ugh! My kids love it though and get so excited when those free birthday pizza vouchers arrive in the mail. They were bummed that the employee there told them that they are phasing them out. Yay for me! :)

Friday we hooked up with our friends, the Tongs and the Jensens for a day out to do something. We had a few ideas but weren't sure what. We headed north but on the way our plans fell through and we decided to make a stop in SLC and go to the LDS church history museum. I had heard it was fun and it turned out being really cool. The kids loved seeing all of the pictures drawn by kids they'd seen in the Friend at the art exhibit, climbing in the bunks that were like those on a ship, and looking at all of the other church history things. They actually have the death masks of Hyrum & Joseph Smith there at the museum. I thought that was really neat to see. I'm kind of a church history fan so I really loved it.










We even got to see a statue of Moroni just like the one on the temples.We finally made our way to the children's section and wow! It was awesome! Think a mini Discovery Gateway but church-related....and free! It was really fun. The kids had fun learning Latino dancing (Skylar was already an expert. I need to post that!), making dinner for the missionaries, planting gardens, and playing in Nephi's ship. What a fun place to visit!

So, Spring Break wasn't a bust after all. We also got in some movie nights with the Dadders and stayed up way too late every single night. Now, I'm not a huge fan of the idea of year round school, but I think it would be a fantastic idea to have these week-long breaks every couple of months. It's so fun to have the chance to just do some fun stuff for a bit and then send the kids back to school the next week. Here's my vote for more Spring Breaks!

1 comment:

lindseyfrancom said...

WOW! Your kids are luck! Looks like you had a way awesome time! I haven't been to the museum in SLC since I was a little girl, I need to go again!