Friday, April 8, 2011

Sorry for the last sucky post, well kind of. I'm totally fine with people knowing how much this whole thing sucks. I'm fine with grieving out loud. I think so often, especially in this baby loss world, people don't want others to know how much they're hurting. Well, I'm hurting, a ton, and yes, still, even after all of these months. I think sometimes we, especially as members of the church, think that we should move forward and don't have the right to mourn so loudly, knowing what we know about the Plan of Salvation. While it is such a blessing to have that knowledge, it still hurts to lose someone. Even Jesus hurt. Even Jesus wept.

I think often that I'm not doing this whole grieving thing right, like there really is a "right" way to do it. Sometimes I think that I put a lot of pressure on myself to get through this with a stronger testimony that results in a more positive attitude and maybe help someone else in the process. I can honestly say my testimony has been strengthened so much by this...the positive attitude and helping thing, not so much. Instead of following one of my favorite quotes (check sidebar), I'm just enduring and not enjoying this at all. Someone pointed out to me that it doesn't mean we have to enjoy every minute of mortality, especially in our trials, but that we strive to find the joy in this life despite the unenjoyable, awful moments. They said that even President Hinkley, who the quote is from, grieved when he lost his wife. In the few years after she died before he was able to join her, he spoke often of how much he truly missed her and ached to be with her again. He, a prophet, who probably had more understanding of the plan of salvation than I'll ever fathom, ached at being separated from someone he loved.

Someone else told me that maybe the reason that this has been so hard for me is because I just love too much. If I have to be accused of doing something too much, I'll take that. I'm fine with loving too much, especially when it comes to my husband and kids. They are all my greatest dreams come true. Ben, Skylar, Nick, Kade, Alexis, and Gabe, you are loved more than words could ever express and as long as forever!! I hope you always know that I love you, even if it's sometimes too much!!


P.S. I miss comments. Even if you want to comment and say, "Seriously, Cyndi, what's your deal? You're such a loser!" and tell me not to publish it, at least I'd know you're out there. It's getting lonely on this end.

7 comments:

BBC said...

sorry for not commenting lately! sometimes i just don't know what the right thing is to say. i know you're hurting lots... i would be too. i'm sorry you are going through this trial. we're here for you!

lindseyfrancom said...

seriously cyndi... JK. That was good for me to read because I have felt the same feelings (not over the same event) but the same feelings at times. We as LDS are pretty quiet about it- not that it's a bad thing, but can be hard when is all you want to do is talk about it. Loving too much really isn't a bad thing. Jesus did weep and he also loved more than any other person on earth :)

Tessa Hatchett said...

I recently had a series of trying events in the past few months. And for a while I was really letting it get to me. I felt like I was crying all the time and I hated it.
But after reading this, I really thought about something. When Lazurus died, Jesus knew everything would be okay. He knew Lazurus would come back. But he still wept. It's okay to cry, and it's good to get our feelings out. We just always have to remember that in the end, everything will be okay.
Thanks for the reminder.(:

Beard Family said...

I too do not know what to say. I cry almost every post minus the trip you took(looks like so much fun). You have changed so much from when I lived in Utah. You do love too much but that is one of the qualities I always admired in you. You are a wonderful mom and I look to you as an example. Your kids are blessed to have you as their mother (even perfect little Gabe). I hope you find more JOY in your life as you grieve. I don't think there ever comes a day you will not grieve. 10 years ago Sherry Dew's niece (11) and nephew (15) died in a horrible car accident. Their family lived in our branch previously and so we grew up with them. My mom asked their mom how she made it through the day and her response was "With Christ". I think that is who we must lean on. As in the poem "Footprints in the sand" says, Christ is carrying you right now. There will be a time you will walk next to him, but let him carry you till you are ready to do it on your own. I love you.

Teri said...

I'm sorry for not commenting the past several times I've read your blog. I always read, but I don't always know what to say. I love you and ache for you. But I'm also so very proud of you for being such a good example to me.
Love you!

Melissa said...

Cyndi....you do love too much...but is that a bad thing I think not. You were always such a help to me growing up at school especially in 9th grade...I am so sorry you are having to go through this. I wish somehow I could take the pain away. You are still in my prayers and I think often of you.

Unknown said...

ya "whast the deal" snap out of it! just kidding. you asked for it.

It is ok for you to still grieve it hasn't even been a year. You will always miss him and always feel that someone is missing.

almost 7 years later since Spencer was born I still grieve his loss.

The other day I was driving carpool and this little boy I drive was talking about his friends Spencer. It maked me a little sad thinking that maybe Spencer could have been his friend. They would have been the exact same age.

I think we always have those "reminders" we think about how old would they be now? who would their friends be? What would they like in school or what movies or toys would they play with?

If any one ever tells you to get over it and move on they have no heart!

Thank you for always being so open about your feelings on your blog, it makes me feel like I am human.

((hugs))