Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Bittersweet

Sunday was a little bittersweet. I got released from Activity Days, a calling that I have absolutely loved. It has been such a wonderful thing for me to get to have my sweet Skylar and all of her cutie friends in my group. I even begged for them to expand my calling to include the 8 & 9 year olds when Skylar was edging up to age 9 so I got to keep her longer!! It's been such a blessing to get to have such a fun time with all of those girls that I love so much. I will miss being their leader but I'm glad I still get to see these same girls all of the time since they are Skylar's friends and maybe if I stay in my new calling long enough, I'll get to be their leader again! So on to my new calling....I'm back in Young Women's as the Beehive Advisor! I'm really excited and this calling feels so right for me right now. When I got released from Camp Director I felt really torn. I felt like I was really supposed to be in YW but since the calling held such difficulty for me I knew I needed to be released. At the time there were all these changes happening in YW and I kept thinking that maybe I'd be called again to fill one of the spots but I just kept waiting for it to happen and it wasn't. I guess the YW president felt the same and was just looking for the right spot for me too. I'm glad the perfect spot opened up (but sad you had to move for it to happen, Nicole!). So, who knows? Maybe I'll be at Girls' Camp after all, but without the pressure of having to be there if I just don't feel like I can. Of course, Girl's Camp is out if I'm pregnant, which hasn't happened yet, but of course we're crossing our fingers...and fasting and praying and hoping and wishing and yearning and desiring and aching and waiting ...for that to happen. Oh, and eight months ago tonight that precious boy of ours was born. I can't believe it's almost been 3/4 of a year. We miss and love you like crazy little Gabe!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats on the new calling. I have never served in the YW and I acutally think i would love it. oh the memories of girls camp! I hope you can go!!!

as my brother in law used to say you have to do more than just fast, pray and cross your fingers if you wanna get pregnant! ha ha. really I do hope it happens for you guys soon. I know how much you wish for a new baby and a long and healthy pregnancy. I am pulling for ya!!!

Nicole Love said...

I'm so glad that you got my old calling! I love those girls so much! You'll be great and have so much fun! Love Ya!

Amanda said...

You'll be great in YW...but I'll so miss being with you in RS. And I've loved your recent posts, they help me stay grounded and brings a spiritual touch to my day--thank you for sharing! love you

lindseyfrancom said...

I am excited to have you in there- you would have been in there whether or not Nicole moved I've decided because Alesha was called into primary!!! IT was meant to be!

I will call you later- maybe we can meet tomorrow morning? I have had the Allreds here and I didn't want to bring them all to your house :)