Monday, January 4, 2010

When December Ends

So the kids only had a week and a half off for Christmas this year rather than the usual two weeks. This was much to short in my opinion, especially since I spent a lot of that time sick with something or the other. I seriously would be sick for two days, then fine for two, then sick again for another two days for the entire Christmas break. It wasn't the same sickness either-I had all sorts of variations of ailments to keep me feeling miserable. Blah! I hate being sick. At least no one else got any of my weird sicknesses.
So when I wasn't sick, we did our best to squeeze in some fun. We went to Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs and then out for dinner with the Tongs. We had a good time and they totally tempted us to join them on their trip to California. I miss our annual Christmas trips down there. We so wanted to go but were wise and decided to stay home but I have been so jealous of their sunny excursions with the ocean all week.
Nick and I had a date night and ventured out into a storm to go to Sizzler to use his free meal that he got when he was Student of the Week. We then headed over to Trafalga and saw the X-D movie, Jett and Jin. We had a fun time! He even gave me a giant smooch after. I'm such a lucky girl!








I was so happy to wake up feeling okay on New Year's Eve, especially because we had made plans to go sledding. Ben had taken the kids sledding already but I was too sick to go so I didn't want to miss out again. The snow was fresh and the day was beautiful. Our friends, the Chadwicks, joined us and we had a wonderful time. Alexis got to try out her baby sled and she was laughing like crazy! Everyone wanted to take a turn going down the hill pulling her because it was so fun. I really love living so close to our awesome kid-friendly sledding hill. It honestly has made my winters less gloomy!
Ben and I had planned on having a very low-key New Year's Eve. We just wanted to stay home alone as a family and relax and kiss the awful year of 2009 goodbye. However, since I had been sick, we never had the chance to make it to Temple Square. So, we bundled up the kiddos and headed up to see the lights. I am so glad we did. It is so very beautiful there at Christmas time and it was the perfect ending to the season!
We got home in time to get Alexis down for bed at a decent hour and then the "big kids" stayed up with us until midnight. We played some Wii, snacked a bit, and hung out. We watched the ball drop and then headed outside to shoot off some silly string, throw some poppers, and watch the fireworks going off around the neighborhood. It was just what we needed and wanted-a total relaxing night!!
I am so glad that 2010 is here. I am hoping that we have a most wonderful year of growth. Happy New Years everyone!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Sounds like you had a great break in spite of being sick. Here's to 2010!

Mindy said...

Your family knows how to party! I think you have a great family and your kids are the luckiest!

lindseyfrancom said...

Goodness, I didn't realize how behind I was on reading everybodies blogs!

I'm so glad I got to yours, because I have enjoyed reading everything you have to say and share.

I'm sorry you were sick- despite that, you got the kids out often- you are awesome! Ben was just telling me tonight that you go over there to sled sometime. I should take the kids next snowfall. What a fun new years too! I think it is great that you do that with your kids! Like Mindy said, "your family knows how to party!"