Thursday, January 21, 2010

We could be heroes....

I'm pretty sure that a lot of people have had Haiti on their mind. The situation there is just so tragic and so sad. I've read a few articles about all of the adoptions that are being expedited so that those sweet little children there can be placed in homes sooner. What a testament that good things do come out of tragic things.
I've had adoption on my mind lately. I have a few friends this last year that have had some struggles with adopting. I won't tell your stories because they are not mine to tell. I just wanted to let you know how amazing you are. Those children that are finally in your wonderful homes are so very lucky and so blessed to have such a loving place to be. You are some of my biggest heroes.
Some of my other heroes are those who gave up their child to give them a better life in an adopted family. That is truly the most selfless thing someone could do. Those people remind me of our Heavenly Father because in a way, they are following His greatest example of sacrifice. I wish more would follow that loving example.
When I was growing up I was blessed to live a house away from one of my dear friends whose family had adopted two little boys through the foster care program. They also fostered many other children throughout the years, many with physical disabilities, and all with emotional difficulties. That family was such an amazing example to me. I loved that they had such huge hearts filled with love for those children that just needed some. I still think about some of those sweet children and hope their lives turned out okay.
I really think that foster care and adoption is something that the Lord has put into place so that the right babies get to the right homes, even though they have to go about it in a round about way. There are experiences and lessons that are all a part of the plan that need to be taught to the biological parents, adoptive families, adopted children, and all those around them. It is really such a wonderful thing.
Anyway, I'm not about to announce that we're adopting or anything. I would love to and looking at those sweet faces coming out of Haiti makes me want to even more. But for now, our family is where it is supposed to be and I think convincing my hubby otherwise would take some major work. I know because I even asked him today and he looked at me like I was crazy! I just wanted to express my thoughts on the subject. Adoption is awesome!!

4 comments:

angie said...

I just love you Cyndi and I love this post! Adoption is awesome and I know that it is a big part of the Lord's work and plan. The little faces of Haiti are beautiful and I just don't want any child to suffer and be sad! All I can do at this point, is pray!!

Teri said...

I completely agree with you! Earl and I have wanted to adopt since we were first married. Haven't made it work yet, but we're still trying!

Thanks for your awesome post!

britt said...

VERY well said!!

Laurie said...

I agree! Adoption is definitely a part of the Plan!